Current time: 07/05/2024, 08:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(29/09/2013 19:36)507009 Wrote:  Indeed, and the simple response would be to compare other cities. I've spent the last two weekends in Manchester and sampled a fair few of Stagecoach's Enviro400s there. Let's not beat about the bush: some of these are very vandalised. Even the route 192 hybrids, only a few months old, have all had their windows etched, many badly. By comparison, most of the double deckers at Speke have no window vandalism at all, just a few lighter burns here and there and the odd tag. Manchester's buses have these problems as well, at least as badly. (I'm not putting down Manchester here - it's a great city - just illustrating a point.)

In short, Liverpool's issue is no worse than other cities, yet we keep hearing this 'vandalism' excuse. It's a weak and poor reason for not providing the required capacity, and I can't help thinking that if Gillmoss had the same management as Manchester's Hyde Road and Sharston depots, it would have a majority double deck allocation. Certainly the 10A, 14, 20/21, 82 and 86 and possibly the 17 and 19 as well.

Sadly, vandalism is a marjor problem in this country. Its not just marjor cities and towns that suffer from vandalism. As my user name suggest, I am a self-empolyed courier driver. As such I deliver all over the UK, I often see bus stops in the middle of nowhere (the nearest house being some 10-15 mins walk down some narrow lane), which have been vandalised.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - WhiteVanMan - 29/09/2013 20:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)