Current time: 07/05/2024, 16:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Stagecoach acknowledge that there is a bunching problem on the 20/21 and at the moment it is virtually run by entirely new vehicles with a mix of 59-12 plates on there. SO if Stagecoach need to replace vehicles would it not be a business idea to remove a 20/21 from the timetable, increase capacity by making the route completely double deck and then sending the enviros to replace the outgoing buses in the depot. Now I don't know figures but as a group surely that would then allow the Darts from Preston to go else where meaning another depot doesn't need to lay out cash, Gillmoss will not need to replace Darts in the future reducing costs, and by taking two buses out the timetable that would surely help to offset some of the extra cost a double decker costs compared to the new singles they keep buying. I can understand costs being an issue but at the same time the 20/21 at times are turning passengers down thus turning money down. If you are a paying passenger in Walton going to town and get refused by the 21 with the 345 behind then thats money gone to Arriva, think about how much that could happen x by 300 odd days of operation over say 5 years and the extra costs for deckers wont seem as much. As it is going I can see the County Road corridor becoming a QBP of sort as the 5 minute frequency isn't working and unless you reduce that bunching is inevitable, only the other day on County Road I seen 5 20/21 in a row, the first one separated by what looked to be an Arriva 345.

Arriva tried singles with the 79 and refused til they were blue in the face to put deckers on the route, but in the end seen sense and put them on, brand new at that - with competition along the whole of the route. Surely a better service will result in more passengers which results in better turn overs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - ste - 26/10/2012 10:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 44 Guest(s)