Current time: 07/05/2024, 07:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(04/09/2012 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  it's only us enthusiasts that care about the QBP. Fact is that somebody with a wheelchair could still get on the B10L, and as said the bus is still low floor.
I'd completely disagree; every passenger can read the notices on bus stops promising certain standards. Obviously it's down to the pitiful Merseytravel to enforce theses standard but it's the operators who should be keeping them up. For the record though, I do agree that a bus is better than no bus at all. With regards wheelchair accessibility, that's pretty much an obsolete point now as both Gilmoss and St Helens are fully low floor.
(04/09/2012 20:12)mbonwick Wrote:  How do you know the engineers don't want the Enviro300s back for maintainence? How do you know some aren't due in for milage based work and are on restricted diagrams?
I don't know that for definite. However, I'd be surprised if every vehicle on those early finishing boards are going straight in for maintenance.
(04/09/2012 20:12)mbonwick Wrote:  It also causes hassle at the end of the day when the duty sheets printed for the vehicles have to be amended and uploaded back on to the computer system for future references. At the best of times there's a lot of work in that, so swapping vehicles just to please a few spotters definitely isn't on the list of priorities.
It's not the PX55 Darts I particularly have an issue with but when you have R reg vehicles (and yes, a single one at that) staying out onto lates, would it really be that much work to swap that one vehicle? At the end of the day, regardless of the amount of work it may create, that's work someone's being paid to complete. As for it to be just to please spotters, that's not what I'm inferring at all. Joe Blogs can tell a new bus from an old bus and when they're being promised new buses in QBP propaganda, it's what they should really be getting and the operator has an obligation to provide that. Are we suggesting that everything newer than an R reg coming in off of a 10A in the early evening is doing so for maintenance? Like I said in reply to MPTE above though, I agree a bus is better than no bus.
(04/09/2012 20:12)mbonwick Wrote:  Yes, if possible the older vehicles would ideally be on the early finish diagrams, but at the end of the day in terms of features they're no different to the Enviro300s and are perfectly fit for purpose.
Fit for purpose on any service? With the supposed age restrictions and emissions standards employed on these QBPs, I'd disagree.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - CX54 DKD - 04/09/2012 21:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)