Current time: 07/05/2024, 04:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(11/06/2021 06:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Surprised they didn't head in the other direction ie Blackpool and/Lakes given they have back up operations in/near to those areas.
Lakes I think might be a long shot due to the distance. Blackpool I think could be more viable but how much usage would it get with the amount of trains? With Rhyl, you are taking the same time as the train but the train takes upto 2 changes and the trains in North Wales are dismal, social distancing has been a no no this past month because of the loads vs lack of trains. Overcrowded trains, maybe changing trains, more expensive versus a direct bus taking only around 10 minutes longer, cheaper. I know what I would pick.

Blackpool could be a good call but there is quite a good train service to get there and a ton of coach trips which you are contending with. I think you'd have to do a lot of promotion for it. I get the feeling that Stagecoach don't want Blackpool express buses that much either since the X61 was dropped due to it being 'unviable' yet NatEx is now running Blackpool - Manchester express buses upto 5 times per day. Blackpool Express is an easy route to jump on and they haven't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot - iMarkeh - 11/06/2021 17:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)