Current time: 06/05/2024, 21:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, I ventured out to try GHA Coaches' new X36 service. The weather seemed nice this morning, however it wasn't nice by the afternoon! Here's what I rode on:

56 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Marshall V626 DVU (7626)
I decided to leave Netherton on something other than the 52 for once today! I was really impressed with this bus; it seemed very quick and it sounded great! The only problem though was the annoying back-end window, which rattled and crashed all the way! There wasn't many other rattles though, so overall it wasn't a bad ride!

500 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Citaro BX04 MYH (6010)
This was a fantastic ride! Plenty of kickdown from the driver (same one as the other day, in the same direction on 6032!). Rattles were to a minimum. Overall, a very enjoyable ride!

501 (ANW) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Liverpool South Parkway Interchange (Bus Station)
Citaro BX04 NDG (6033)
I boarded this to kill some time! This was a fine ride, however my seat didn't seem to be very comfortable! It rattled a bit more than 6010 as-well, however it was generally a good bus!

501 (ANW) - Liverpool South Parkway Interchange (Bus Station) > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Citaro BX04 NDG (6033)
I quickly realised that I was killing a bit too much time by riding on the 501, so I had to board the same bus back to the airport! No further comments about it really - no different!

X36 (GHA Coaches) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Halton Lea South Bus Station
Volvo/Centro CA07 GHA (SB15)
I liked this bus! It rattled a bit, however it seemed to be quick off the line! The driver seemed fast, however the bus seemed to be limited to a certain slow speed - the same speed every time, which ruined what would have been a great ride down the many fast roads it served! I'm afraid, because of that, it wasn't worth my £4.00 (return - very expensive!).

1 (ANW) - Halton Lea South Bus Station > Halton Lea South Bus Station, via Runcorn East Railway Station
Cadet X419 AJA (2419)
What an awful-sounding bus this was! The fan sounded dreadful and the engine didn't seem to sound very nice either! It was fast though! There was an odd unheard-of-before squeaking noise which came from by the cab too. I seen Marshall T617 PNC (7617) on the 1/2 as-well - rather that to be honest!

X36 (GHA Coaches) - Halton Lea South Bus Station > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Volvo/ALX200 T510 APS (SB46)
I liked this Southport-Renown-sounding machine! The dual-purpose seat I sat on was really comfortable! The driver was very kind too! Nice ride, however I'll think again in future when spending £4.00...!

500 (ANW) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Queen Square Bus Station
Citaro BX04 MXL (6013)
What a dreadful bus this was! It was VERY slow off the line, followed by high revs - evidently not down to the driver! After gear one, there was this drilling-type sound from the underneath, which was just awful! The interior squeaked a lot too! I'll avoid this bus in the future - the first of its type that I have a problem with, which really is a shame!

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Broadway, Utting Avenue East
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJY (3030)
The speed that the driver came to the stand at drew me on-board! He was really fast! The bus sounded... perfect (after being on 6013 it did, anyway)! There weren't many, if any, rattles!

14 (ANW) - Broadway, Utting Avenue East > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AXA (3069)
Another perfect bus really! Rattles were to a minimum and the bus was quite quick off the line! The driver seemed to be quite fast too, despite being a bit early! Faultless ride in general!

52A (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Pulsar CX58 FZJ (2927)
I only boarded this, the 52A, because the driver was my mate who I hadn't seen for years! He thought the bus was dreadful - he had his foot right down at one point and there was NO kickdown (no reaction from it at all)! It never kicked down at all! I never really paid any attention to the ride-quality though; I was too busy catching up with my mate!

My day isn't over just yet...!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 06/06/2012 18:14
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)