Current time: 07/05/2024, 01:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
(28/07/2012 14:22)27701 Wrote:  I've rode on a few buses today as I had to go out for a non-bus-related purporse; below are the reviews (not in order):

53 (ANW) - Litherland, Bridge Road > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Plaxton Pointer 2 T323 PNB (2323)
This bus was OK. It was a bit rattly, however it sounded fantastic! It didn't hold its' gears very well, resulting in it being a bit sluggish when going off the line, however the driver was quite fast!

55 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Netherton, Chapel Lane
Pulsar 2 MX59 FGC (3022)
This bus was fantastic! The driver was very fast and this bus' kickdown sounded absolutely fantastic! The bus featured a few rattles on-board, though, which was a shame. Still, this journey was fantastic!

59 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Litherland, Church Road
DAF/ALX400 T304 FGN (4064)
This was a very smooth ride. The bus didn't rattle much - if not, it didn't at all! It was a bit slow, however it sounded nice and it was warm and comfortable on-board! This one is definitely one of the best examples of this type that I've rode on so far.
As I had a Day Saver and nothing to do inside the house (laptop broke = life over), I decided to venture out again this evening. Here's what I rode on:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFY (3019)
I was disappointed to see this bus on my journey, however, on the other hand, I was happy to see a fast driver at the wheel. I've never liked this bus much, however it was excellent today with a great driver at the wheel! It rattled a lot and it sounded strange, but nice. If I'm honest, it didn't feel very fast off the line. The interior was cluttered with litter. Overall, this was a good journey.

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, Muirhead Avenue
Pulsar 2 MX59 JKZ (3032)
I was waiting for something new (something that I haven't rode properly, if at all) to show up and this is exactly what I wanted! This was in the famous "slow mode", however it featured the "sensitive kickdown" issue. The driver was very fast and I didn't notice many rattles on-board.

13 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 EWP (2901)
This bus wasn't very good or nice to be on. Internally, it was a shed! It featured poorly-painted and defaced seat-backs and worn-out moquette. Very rattly! It was also in the "slow mode", however the driver seemed to know how to get it going (faster than 3032, and that kicked down a lot)! It didn't sound very healthy, though...

48 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Pulsar 2 MX10 BZS (3033)
I couldn't resist a ride on my old favourite bus - and that's exactly what it is... It rattled like hell for the majority of the journey! I liked the way that it sounded different and was fast off the line, however the rattles let it down dramatically! The driver was quite fast, which made the journey slightly more bearable!

300 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Old Roan, Ormskirk Road
Commander CX07 CPK (2624)
I couldn't resist a ride on this - something which I barely get to ride on! The slow, miserable driver let it down. The bus sounded fantastic, though, as it always does! From the outside, you'd guess that the bus vibrated when idle, however I didn't notice such on-board. Very odd!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 28/07/2012 20:09
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)