Current time: 06/05/2024, 12:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Decided to go out today thinking it'd be warm and it just wasn't... Anyway, this is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2721) - I was really happy to see this bus turn up with a fast driver at the wheel. It was absolutely fantastic, there was some great ZF kickdown applied in parts and the bus just sounded excellent.

1 Liverpool to Birkenhead (61542) - Quite nice. The engine sounded quite good, the bus was solid but was let down by a slow driver.

437 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4410) - Couldn't really judge this as I decided to sit at top deck front for a change!

13 Liverpool to West Derby Road (3013) - I was greeted on this bus by a very friendly driver who wished everyone boarding a good morning and even having a joke with everyone boarding. (Something a passenger appreciated on West Derby Road who said "It's nice to see a smiling face" to which the driver replied "A smile costs nothing", so true!) Anyway, back to the bus! 3013 was quite poor, clearly in safe mode but not too sluggish and quite rattly. When getting off, the driver said "Have a nice day, tarrar". Genuine lovely bloke!

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (2237) - Not too bad. It wasn't too rattly, but the engine was loud and there was quite a nasty vibration in idle.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2219) - Same as the other day, not too bad, not too good!

18 West Derby Road to Belmont Road (2964) - Another bus I couldn't judge very well due to me having to sit in the buggy bay due to no available seats, but I could just about hear kickdown and the driver certainly got it shifting.

27 Belmont Road to Liverpool (2671) - Was hoping for something which wasn't a Pulsar...but never mind. When I first boarded the bus, a certain passenger on there absolutely rank of cannabis making the entire bus stink. 2671 was in safe mode, but the driver some how managed to get it up to some good speed on Scotty Road.

437 Liverpool to Birkenhead (4419) - Average. No kickdown, fairly average engine and a few rattles.

410 Birkenhead to Liscard (2461) - Excellent. The ZF kickdown off the line was fantastic, and it certainly got shifting on the faster parts of the route. It was let down by a few rattles, but no where near as many as other Mylleniums.

410 Liscard to Birkenhead (2411) - I was in a rush to get back into Liverpool to catch my 8, so boarded this bus I rode a couple of days back. Same as then!

407 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4097) - Not bad at all. Rattles were to a minimum, and the engine sounded nice. Shame we couldn't get shifting through the tunnel thanks to some idiotic driver in front of us who was crawling along...

8 Liverpool to Huyton (7664) - Dreadful. This bus gets worse every time I ride it... It's still a very fast bus off the line, but the rattles were un-bearable as were the eardrum bursting brakes.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 27/07/2012 17:00
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)