Current time: 06/05/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
(24/07/2012 08:42)27701 Wrote:  This morning, I went to Skelmersdale to board the 345 journey that runs via the M58 to Liverpool. Here's how it went:

05:49 58 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Netherton, Park Lane
Marshall V667 DVU (7667)
Firstly, credit to the kind driver, who apologised for running a few minutes late! I've rode on this journey a lot and it's always started a few minutes late each time with no apology from the driver. The bus wasn't very good. Its' suspension was very squeaky and the bus itself was quite rattly; it was fast off the line, though, and it sounded nice! Its' MTL interior was in a good condition.

06:02 311 (ANW) - Aintree Merseyrail Station > Skelmersdale Bus Station
Marshall V633 DVU (7633)
This bus was OK. It sounded nice, however it featured a hyperactive cooling-fan! An annoying rattle, caused by the bar on the back-end window, ruined the ride - it became irritating after a few minutes on-board! The bus' interior was in a good condition - interestingly, it featured 38 seats, two, of which, were Wright tip-up seats in the unique second pram/wheelchair bay! The driver was quite fast, which was good.

07:30 345 (ANW) - Skelmersdale Bus Station > Aintree Retail Park
Plaxton Pointer 2 X235 ANC (2235)
I was surprised to see this bus on this journey; it's not usually on ex-Skelmersdale services! It was dreadful, anyway... Its' idle vibration was unbearable and rattles whilst the bus was in motion were violent. I don't know what was causing the clanging at the back of the bus (it seemed to be the seats), however it was absolutely horrific! It sounded nice and it was fast on the M58, though.

I plan on going back out today to St Helens, via Runcorn and Widnes...! I'll post about how it went tonight! Smile

The clanging near the back can sometimes be caused by the footplate at the first seats on the step. I have seen this on some other X-ANCS, if they would just fix it back properly it wouldnt do it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - MPTE1955 - 24/07/2012 08:58
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)