Current time: 07/05/2024, 02:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Had a slightly different trip today which included a visit to Liscard, this is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2718) - Yet again! The same as previous weeks, not too bad and not that good.

1 Liverpool to Birkenhead (61538) - Quite nice. It held an excellent turn of speed through the tunnel, and the body was as solid as a rock.

407 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4096) - Pretty poor. It rattled a fair bit, and was a tad on the sluggish side. Interestingly, it featured a fanbelt which constantly squealed making for quite an annoying ride.

18 Liverpool to West Derby Road (2576) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic, and the body was quite solid. Shame it was let down by a slow driver!

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (2231) - Same as the other day really, excellent! Although I did notice it has developed a very minor idle vibration.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2237) - Not too bad. The engine sounded quite nice, but the rattles were close to unbearable at times.

18 West Derby Road to Belmont Road (2643) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic (quite like a Commander actually!) and rattles were to a minimum.

27 Belmont Road to Liverpool (3050) - I had a bit of time to kill, so decided to ride the Belt into Liverpool. 3050 wasn't bad at all, despite the rattles the driver kept his foot down all the way and certainly got shifting on Scotty Road!

487 Liverpool to Birkenhead (2426) - Not too bad. The driver managed to get it to a decent speed through the tunnel, but the decent speed (about 45MPH) appeared to be as far as 2426 was getting as it was in top gear revving really high.

409 Birkenhead to Liscard (2404) - Quite nice. It rattled less than a fair lot of the refurbished examples i've rode in the past, and the engine sounded excellent. Shame we sat in traffic for ages and had to divert around a Council estate due to a police incident...

410 Liscard to Birkenhead (2459) - I originally intended to get a 432/3 back into Liverpool, but that wasn't going to happen due to the above incident. 2459 as a bus was quite poor, the rattles were horrid and the whole bus literally shook over the rougher parts of the route. But the driver made up for it all by planting his foot to the floor all the way, it was a truly excellent ride!

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (3006) - Another excellent bus. Rattles were to a minimum (rare for a Pulsar!) and the driver got shifting through the tunnel.

8 Liverpool to Huyton (7657) - What a shed. The rattles were un-bearable over Prescot Road, I literally couldn't hear myself think! The engine wasn't too bad, and it was quite fast.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 21/07/2012 15:18
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)