Current time: 07/05/2024, 01:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Had a trip out today to Liverpool, Birkenhead, West Derby, Old Swan and Huyton. This is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2203) - At that time, 2203 was the bus I rode last. I had it (on the exact same board, actually) on the 7 yesterday. Anyway, back to the bus! It was alright, the engine sounded quite nice and it wasn't too rattly. However, the Urban 90's were rubbing against the emergency exit causing some horrid rattles at times. Also, I sat in Edge Lane for about 15 minutes in (yet more Angry) roadworks.

472 Liverpool to Birkenhead (34255) - I was happy to see this turn up as I failed to track one of these down last Saturday. It was fantastic. The engine sounded tip top, with a lovely ZF whine. The driver thrashed it through the tunnel, and it made some wonderful noises! There were some minor idle vibrations, but nothing un-bearable.

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (3007) - Fantastic. The driver, once again, thrashed it through the tunnel and gave the bus a chance to rev very high and kickdown regularly.

18 Liverpool to West Derby Road (2905) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic, but sadly was kickdown free. The driver also didn't seem to want to get a move on.

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (7672) - What a great bus! If you ignore the rattles and just listen to the engine, it sounds great but in an odd way. It was really fast, particularly off the line where it literally launched off the line. One of the better Marshalls.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2231) - Another nice bus. The interior and exterior looked fantastic. It sounded quite nice, and rattles were to a minimum. Certainly Green Lane's gain!

18 West Derby Road to Liverpool (2672) - Yet another nice bus. It was quite fast, the engine sounded nice and rattles were to a minimum (a rarity for a Pulsar these days...)

437 Liverpool to Birkenhead (4417) - Quite nice. It was fast, sounded great and didn't rattle.

437 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4415) - Fantastic! The engine sounded really good, and managed to pick up speed quickly and rev really high. The bus was really fast and it hardly rattled.

8 Liverpool to Huyton (2216) - I originally intended to get 2215, but the idiot driver decided to avoid Queen Square due to him running late. Angry So, after waiting nearly an hour, I boarded the shed 2216. It was terrible, rattly, slow, loud brakes and the driver didn't seem to want to get a move on (despite the fact it was 20 minutes late by Dovecot, the fast part of the route...)

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 19/07/2012 18:49
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)