Current time: 06/05/2024, 23:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, me and my friend went to St Helens. The weather was nice and, overall, it was a good day! Here's how it went:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFV (3017)
This was a good journey. The bus sounded great and it didn't rattle much - it's one bus of its' type that doesn't suit being revved high on gear one, strangely! Anyway, the driver was fast and, again, it was a good ride.

(Me and my friend met up in Queen Square Bus Station.)

7 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Huyton Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer 2 X208 ANC (2208)
This was another good journey. The bus sounded great and the driver, despite him being a bit grumpy, was fast! The bus' interior, however, wasn't very good - one of the seats at the back was so dusty that it marked my hand when I touched it... There was no padding in my seat, however it was still quite comfortable - and there weren't many rattles on-board, either.

89 (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > St Helens, Corporation Street
Renown X703 DBT (2703)
This was, again, another good journey! The driver was fast and the bus was excellent - it sounded very nice, although it felt a bit sluggish off the line. Its' interior was fine, however it wasn't entirely comfortable... Still, I barely ride on this type of bus, so I enjoyed it - something different!

E11 (Selwyns) - St Helens Bus Station > Ravenhead Retail Park
Tecnobus DE52 NXV (192)
This was the first time that we'd rode on one of these buses. Apart from the rattles on-board, it was a fun journey! We didn't have a clue where we were going, though, however the woman driver told us to get off in Ravenhead Retail Park and she told us that we weren't allowed to ride around on buses...

E11 (Selwyns) - Ravenhead Retail Park > St Helens Railway Station
Tecnobus DE52 NYY (195)
This was, again, a fun journey, however it was really awkward on-board - a bit too overcrowded... Also, the driver just expected us to know that we were at the last stop - he (rudely, in my opinion) sat there, looking in his mirror at us, waiting for us to get off... When we confronted him about the destination, he just said "Last stop"...

20 (ANW) - St Helens Bus Station > Earlestown Bus Station
Paladin 2 R48 XVM (1048)
I couldn't resist a ride on one of these machines, considering that they'll soon be gone! The driver was decent and polite (unlike the above two journeys...) and the bus was decent, too - it barely rattled and it was very fast!

20 (ANW) - Earlestown Bus Station > St Helens, Bickerstaffe Street
Paladin 2 R48 XVM (1048)
As we didn't know where we were, taking into consideration the late time, we decided to board 1048 again. The driver was very fast and a credit to St Helens depot, politeness-wise; again, a very enjoyable journey!

10 (ANW) - St Helens Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 JZC (2987)
This was a fantastic journey! The bus sounded very, very nice and the driver was decent, again. The bus didn't rattle much, either.

(I left my friend on Sir Thomas Street in Liverpool.)

52 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, St Monicas Drive
Pulsar CX58 EXH (2916)
This was a fine journey; both drivers were polite and fast. The bus sounded great and it didn't rattle much. The only issue was that I had to walk for a while to actually get home as the roundabout in Netherton was undergoing maintenance - buses were turning around at the St Monicas Drive turning point, annoyingly...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 18/07/2012 20:03
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)