Current time: 06/05/2024, 20:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Went out First Gemini hunting today, (and failed...) this is what I rode:

8 Huyton to Liverpool (2402) - Was really surprised, and happy, to see this as i've been meaning to ride it for a while. The engine was fantastic, sounded excellent and held a good turn of speed. The praise ends there. The idle vibrations were horrible, literally shaking the bus. And it was quite rattly.

1 Liverpool to Birkenhead (69310) - Wow! This was one massive surprise. The vehicle was excellent, sounded tip-top and didn't rattle AT ALL! Only criticism is the engine was a bit quiet, and the bus was full of Chinese tourists so couldn't really hear it...

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (3004) - Quite nice. It was a tad on the sluggish side, but rattles were to a minimum.

13 Liverpool to West Derby Road (3061) - Excellent. The engine was fantastic, and kickdown was regularly applied. Rattles were to a minimum.

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (7665) - What a shed. Rattled constantly, engine was loud and it reeked of diesel. Need I say more?...

Quick walk up to Aldi Old Swan after I just missed 2217 on the 68...

68 Aldi Old Swan to West Derby Road (2216) - Another shed. Rattled constantly and violently and the engine sounded terrible. But it was quite fast.

15 West Derby Road to Liverpool (3059) - I was happy to see this, as this particular bus is very rarely off the 14 and I haven't had the chance to get a "proper" ride of it yet. It was great, the engine sounded tip top and it hardly rattled.

471 Liverpool to Birkenhead (4203) - I had stood round for a good 40 minutes waiting for a First Gemini, sadly none turned up so I had to ride this shed. Rattly, loud and sounded awful. Nothing else to say really.

407 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4402) - Quite nice. It was quite fast, with kickdown being applied a few times and it was solid.

8 Liverpool to Huyton (2402) - I really couldn't be bothered waiting another 20 minutes for another 8, so I got on this. Same as before. Sounded nice, idle vibrations, rattles and generally crap.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 14/07/2012 14:54
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)