Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
I had a bit of free time today so I decided to go out into Liverpool and ride one of the new QBP's that has recently came into force. Here is what I did:

38 Rainford- St Helens (2346): A really good vehicle. Hardly any rattles or crashing and a decent turn of speed. Its nice to see St Helens finally get a decent dart instead of the rubbish we usually get!

10 St Helens- Liverpool (3024): This provided a decent ride although the driver wasn't slow. I'll happy ride a pulsar but they certainly aren't anything exciting.

472 Liverpool- Heswall Bus Station (34253): As soon as I got to the bus stop on Sir Thomas Street this turned up which was exactly what I wanted to see! It seem to vibrate pretty badly whilst idle as it could still be felt pretty badly from the top deck. It was a tad sluggish although this wasn't helped by a extremely slow driver. Interior wise it was pretty tired but it did smell very fresh, suggesting that it had a good clean before entering service.

472 Heswall Bus Station- Liverpool (4408): A tad slow and it had a really annoying squeaking noise coming from the drivers cab but it provided a decent ride and a better ride than the gemini. Granted this was helped with a driver who put his foot down a bit more!

10C Queen Square Bus Station- Thomas Lane (34805): I didn't fancy riding a pulsar or a enviro all the way home so I jumped on this. It seem to have a few gearbox issues but it had a good turn of speed.

10A Thomas Lance- St Helens (27709): A typical enviro really providing a very nice ride. It had a very good turn of speed behind it, better than the dart which was expected. For me the ride quality and the speed in both versions of the enviro 300 that Gilmoss have beat the pulsar hands down.

38 St Helens- Rainford (2274): I was gutted to see this turn up as both 2273 and 2274 are the worst darts at St Helens imo. Having said that it does seem to have had a bit of mechanical work as it wasn't vibrating half as bad when idle as it was last week when I rode it. It also seemed to have had a few new seat cushions added to it also.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - anw2015 - 12/07/2012 16:40
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)