Current time: 06/05/2024, 14:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
(11/07/2012 15:51)CX54 DKD Wrote:  58A - Cumfybus Optare Solo, YS02 UCD (Bootle Strand to Netherton Magdalene Square)
Just a quick stint on one of Cumfybus' Solos not having tried a huge number of them. This particular one looked tired inside but was still suitably comfortable. It featured an annoying, but not unbearable, squeaking at the front of the vehicle but other than that, there were no huge rattling or vibration issues. The gearbox was loud but to be honest, I found that quite nice. The engine wasn't up to much however and was sluggish through gears 1 and 2. Ride quality on the other hand, was excellent.
They operate the 58C! Smile
(11/07/2012 15:51)CX54 DKD Wrote:  56 - Arriva North West Plaxton Pointer 2 2218, X218 ANC (Netherton Magdalene Square to Queen Square)
I had been looking for a Bootle X-ANC to see how bad they were however, it seems that whenever there are complaints about a certain vehicle allocation at a garage and I go out to try some of the worst, I end up with the best! This was an excellent vehicle with a great turn of speed with the driver at the wheel really pushing it. It has been fully treated under the P&P programme and I found the Urban 90s comfortable for the duration of the journey. No rattles, no vibrations and a strong engine - absolutely excellent. I'll have to try and see how bad these can be at some other stage!
2218 is a really nice bus now! It used to have a different gearbox to the rest, however it's been a fine bus since that was changed (coincidentally when it had its' "P&P" work completed). To be honest, it's not usually on Netherton-based services these days - it's usually on ex-Skelmersdale-based services (luckily for them - we get their rubbish!).

Regarding bad X-ANCs, most of Bootle's bad ones went to Green Lane with the 68! Unfortunately, though, we kept X224 ANC (2224) - one for you to sample if you want a bad bus...! X227 ANC (2227) and X232 ANC (2232) are two great buses, so if you ever get the chance to sample them... Big Grin

That was an excellent post to read, anyway - put us regulars to shame...! Angel

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 11/07/2012 16:18
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)