Current time: 06/05/2024, 14:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, me and my friend (another member of this forum) went out and visited a few depots. Here's how it went:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 FZC (2922)
(AGAIN! Same buses every time...) As usual, this bus was excellent. It sounded great and it barely rattled, although it rattled more this time than when I last rode on it... The excellent driver created a fantastic ride - high speeds towards the end of my journey!

(I met up with my friend in Queen Square Bus Station.)

6 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Huyton Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer 2 X201 ANC (2201)
This bus was loud and at the back, where we sat, the ride-quality wasn't very good, although there were some padding in the seats. The driver was quite fast and the bus seemed to be quite fast, too - when the driver was going fast, however, I noticed a burning smell...

10B (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > Huyton, Manor Farm Road
Pulsar 2 MX09 JTY (2964)
This bus was horrible! It rattled violently and it didn't sound very nice; the woman driver was quite fast, though. The interior was a disgrace - as standard with Green Lane buses, as it seems...

(We visited HTL Buses' depot.)

10B (ANW) - Huyton, Manor Farm Road > Huyton Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHY (2960)
SLOW! Again, the interior was a disgrace... The engine sounded nice, though, and the driver seemed to be friendly and talkative!

15 (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWU (3064)
It's always a delight to have this bus! It barely rattles and it has a nice interior, along with an excellent-sounding engine. Both drivers were fast.

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Croxteth, Willow Way
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWZ (3068)
Another favourite of mine! This bus seemed to rev higher than 3064, even with the two decent drivers that we had at the wheel. Rattles were quite violent on the worst roads en-route.

(We visited SM&SL's Gillmoss depot.

14 (ANW) - Croxteth, Callestock Close > Broadway, Utting Avenue East
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWY (3067)
Firstly, the missing white stripe at the front of the bus (exterior) was not to my taste, as wasn't the squeaky seats at the back! The bus sounded nice and, apart from those annoying squeaky seats, was free from major rattles. The driver was disappointingly slow...

14 (ANW) - Broadway, Utting Avenue East > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHK (2955)
VERY SLOW! The fast driver at the wheel was fantastic, however the bus literally crawled off the line - probably THE slowest "slow mode" that I've ever sampled! The so-called hills en-route were a major issue! Once again, the interior was a disgrace and the bus rattled and squeaked violently at times. It sounded fantastic, however...

13 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, West Derby Road
Prestige R152 GNW (2402)
It sounded very nice, however it rattled quite a lot; it also vibrated a bit in idle, however it wasn't too UNBEARABLE...! The seats seemed to be very low, strangely... Despite having the looks, this bus was NOT to my taste...

18 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Commander CX06 BHA (2574)
Fantastic! It barely rattled and it sounded very, very different from a usual bus of this type - in a good way! It seemed to hold gear one excellently! Nice interior, too.

(I left my friend on the following journey...)

56 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Peterborough Drive(!)
DAF/ALX400 T297 FGN (4057)
Not bad. It rattled quite a lot, however it sounded nice. Both drivers were fast. I managed to persuade the second (new-ish) driver to let me off "around the back" after a confrontation about the route in the timetable stating that the service ran via "Fleetwoods Lane, Glovers Lane, St Oswalds Lane, Peterborough Drive to NETHERTON (MAGDALENE SQUARE)." and that there was a bus-stop on Peterborough Drive...! Nice driver, anyway!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 10/07/2012 18:54
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)