Current time: 07/05/2024, 03:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
I had a day on the 14 today - mainly to look for 27701, which was unsuccessful... Anyway, here's what I rode on:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 EXK (2918)
Awful bus! Sometimes it went off the line as a "slow-moder" and sometimes it went off the line as a normal Pulsar, despite the driver being fast (he even raced another driver down Scotland Road). In addition to that issue, the bus felt like it was going to fall apart and there was a horrible noise when the brake was applied.

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Broadway, Utting Avenue East
Commander CX06 BHF (2577)
The worst Commander that I've rode to-date! It sounded lovely and it was fast off the line, however it rattled a lot and when the driver decided to put his foot down and make it to gear three (which was rare), a burning smell filled the bus. Also, the interior was a mess.

14 (ANW) - Broadway, Utting Avenue East > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX10 DCV (3059)
This was a surprise; my last ride on it wasn't the best, due to the sluggish woman driver. When I boarded, I put my head in my hands as the driver literally crawled to the roundabout. Luckily, he got off and a decent driver got on in his place. After that, he was fantastic - kickdown was applied often! The bus sounded nice, however it rattled a lot.

Commander CX06 BHD (2575)
An excellent ride! The woman driver drove very fast all the way (she got off in Broadway). The bus sounded excellent - the cooling-fan came on often, which was nice. The interior was a bit of a mess, though, like 2577's.

Pulsar 2 MX59 FFR (3013)
Awful bus! Its' engine sounded very wheezy and it was very, very slow off the line, despite a decent driver being at the wheel (it revved high on gear one, and then entered gear two at low revs). It rattled a lot, too.

Pulsar 2 MX10 DCF (3056)
A fantastic bus! It rattled a bit, however it sounded excellent. The fast driver created a fantastic ride!

Pulsar 2 MX61 AWZ (3068)
Another fantastic ride! The bus sounded perfect, although, worryingly, it lost its' gears at one point (just revving high until the driver got to a junction). A similar thing has happened on other 61-plated buses of this type that I've rode on in the past. This one barely rattled, though.

Pulsar 2 MX10 DAU (3049)
Fantastic! Like Bootle-based MX59 FFU (3016), it looked a disgrace from the outside, however it was very fast (literally flew off every gear)! The driver was fantastic - kickdown was applied a few times.

Pulsar 2 MX10 DBV (3052)
Horrible bus. It sounded awful and it rattled violently. The driver was fast, though.

48 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Pulsar 2 MX10 BZW (3037)
Excellent ride! The driver used kickdown every time, however the bus rattled a lot.

58 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Netherton, Peterborough Drive
Plaxton Pointer 2 R569 ABA (7569)
Since my last ride, this bus has deteriorated dramatically. It rattles a bit and it sounds bad after gear three. The first driver was slow, however the second driver used the gear-selector (to stop it going into four) and that improved its' performance. It vibrated a bit in idle too - probably because of overuse (covering for newer, unreliable buses constantly).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 07/07/2012 17:31
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)