Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
(23/06/2012 02:15)27701 Wrote:  Today, I'm going out with my friend. Where we're planning on going, however, remains a mystery - we usually agree on a place when we meet up. (If we go by one of his usual plans, it'll either be to Runcorn on the X1 or to Southport...! I don't really like going to the same places over and over again, however I think that he finds my plans boring! Rolleyes )
Yesterday, I went out with my friend. We met up later than expected (my friend was late - typical!). The day was great - one of the best that I've had in a long time! My blog (the link is on my signature) provides a review of my day, however I'll review the buses properly below...

57C (Cumfybus) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Bootle Bus Station (Vermont Way)
Optare Solo M780SL MX05 OSW
I missed riding on this bus yesterday due to the horrible weather; I couldn't resist riding on it for a second time! The bus was great! It sounded quite nice and was quite fast; the interior was also well-presented and tidy. The nice, fast driver wasn't nasty when I knocked my money off the tray and into the cab when paying my fare and he seemed to have good communication skills with his passengers.

300 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre (Stanley Road) > Queen Square Bus Station
Renown Y727 KNF (2727)
I was happy when this turned up with a familiar (decent!) driver at the wheel! The ride was fantastic (kickdown reminded me of the old days riding on Dennis Lances)! The driver flew down Scotland Road in Liverpool in the third lane (only to be held up by somebody else...)! The only issue was when the bus was turning or going fast, there was a strange vibrating feeling...

(Met up with my friend...)

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station, via Croxteth
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHH (2954)
We were both intrigued onto this bus when we seen the familiar (decent!) woman driver at the wheel! She drove fantastically out of Liverpool, however in West Derby, she seemed to get in the way of another driver (which led to an angry confrontation!). As usual, she must have gone about 45-MPH up and down Muirhead Avenue and she must have been doing the same through Croxteth! She slowed down a bit towards Liverpool - probably because the bus was getting a bit busy. Still, a fantastic ride!

Merseyrail Replacement Service (Abellio/Selwyns) - Liverpool, Lime Street > Moorfields Merseyrail Station
Trident/ALX400 YN51 KVC (9746)
Slow driver. Short ride. Not a nice bus, really.

508131 (Merseyrail) - Moorfields > Brunswick
After we missed our train towards Southport, we decided not to wait around and catch the next one in Brunswick to kill time! This train was a bit tatty inside.

507026 (Merseyrail) - Brunswick > Moorfields
I missed the train-number of our previous train, so we decided to meet it at Brunswick again so I could get the number of it!

508136 (Merseyrail) - Moorfields > Brunswick
This train wasn't too bad.

508131 (Merseyrail) - Brunswick > Hall Road
Back on the tatty train...

206 (PeoplesBus) - Crosby, The Serpentine N(?!) > Crosby, Islington
MPD W869 YNB (0704)
This bus was great! The interior, refreshed to the company's new standard specification, was really well-presented and tidy. The driver was cautious around the narrow roads of Crosby and he was OK in the communication department. A good ride!

62 (ANW) - Crosby, Islington > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre (Stanley Road)
Pulsar 2 MX09 LYH (2946)
I was happy to see this bus, however the driver was a familiar slow one - who decided to leave the bus and turn back up about five minutes late! He was fast today (no kickdown, though), which was nice! The back of the bus was a mess... I've always liked this bus, though!

58 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre (Stanley Road) > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 FZL (2929)
This bus has evaded me for a while, however I finally got it today! Its tidy, interesting interior featured lots of advertisements! The driver wasn't too bad in the speed department. The bus seemed to be nice - the gearbox was fantastic!

500 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Volvo/ALX400 CX06 EAY (4120)
This was an excellent sight, after we'd just missed a bendi-bus! The ride was fantastic, however rattles upstairs were annoying (I tried to fix them, however that solution never lasted very long...).

89 (ANW) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Speke, Hale Road
Renown Y714 KNF (2714)
Excellent, short ride! I need to ride on more of these! (We were going to that road to watch the aeroplanes come into the airport - we seen ONE, and it wasn't a big one. The adrenaline as it goes above you is amazing!)

89 (ANW) - Speke, Hale Road > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Renown X708 DBT (2708)
Another excellent (and fast!) ride, however rattlier than 2714. Again, I want to ride on more of these excellent buses!

86A (ANW) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Liverpool South Parkway Interchange (Bus Station)
Volvo/ALX400 CX06 EAM (4116)
This wasn't as good as 4120 earlier in the day. The engine sounded awful. It was fast, though.

158847 (East Midland Trains) - Liverpool South Parkway > Liverpool Lime Street
A nice train.

58 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Chapel Lane
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJU (3028)
This bus has been in this "slow mode" for months now! The driver was quite slow, however he was alright!

130 (Cumfybus) - Netherton, Northern Perimeter Road > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Hybrid Solo YJ12 GXE
This was a surprising sight! The driver was very fast and the bus sounded amazing! If local Netherton kids weren't on-board, it would have been a better ride.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 24/06/2012 11:24
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)