Current time: 06/05/2024, 21:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
I had time to spare yesterday before I met up with a few mates and went to my girlfriends, so I decided to venture into Liverpool to do the following:

Arriva 2524 DK55 FXJ
Service 79C from Hough Green to Wavertree Clock
Not bad, pretty average, only thing to complain about were the few idle vibrations!

Arriva 2263 X263 OBN
Service 68 from Wavertree Clock to County Road
Brilliant! I have been wanting to ride one of this batch for ages and I was chuffed to see this coming down the road towards me. There was a few rattles, not least from the aisle seat on the very bad seats on the offside, but that didn't distract away from the vehicles exceptionally good engine! The seats were also very comfortable, however I think polish and promote would brighten the vehicles interior and exterior appearance no end.

Arriva 2218 X218 ANC
Service 311 to Queen Square Bus Station
I almost cried when this turned up as I let a Marshall on the 68 go past. However Im very glad I got this, this is by far and away the best X-ANC I have ever been on bar none. It was far superior to examples I have rode at St Helens and Green Lane. The engine sounded brilliant with a nice whiney gearbox, which together produced some great kickdown heading into town. The interior was bright and from were I was sitting, clean and vandalism free. The seat was surprisingly comfy, which just goes to show with a bit of padding, Urban90s are actually quite nice sometimes! Overall an exceptional vehicle which I would go out of my way to ride again!

Arriva 2935 MX09 EKP
Service X1 to Runcorn Old Town
I was hanging around in Queen Square at about 10 to 12 waiting for a 79C when I decided I fancied something different. After a great deal of power walking and skillfully slipping through the crowds, I go to Liverpool ONE Bus Station with seconds to spare. I wasn't disappointed when 2935, a bus I already know to be brilliant, turned up.
As I boarded the driver was the friendliest I have ever come across with an Arriva Uniform on, wishing everyone a Good Afternoon as they boarded.
The actual journey, however, I have to say was by far my favourite of the day. The driver quite literally floored it at every oppurtunity, keeping his foot planted as much as he could. Going down some of Liverpool's less than desirable roads created some terrible rattles and crashes, however I think the roads rather than the bus were to blame for the majority of that. I couldn't help but smile as the driver absolutely flew along Speke Boulevard, overtaking cars with ease. The kickdown was fantastic, with the bus screaming higher than a leprechaun who'd just been kicked between the legs (Yep, that high!) quite often during the journey. Approaching Runcorn Bridge there was mountains of traffic, however this guy was ingenius and diverted the bus through West Bank and joining the bridge at the closest point, saving at least 20 minutes in waiting time!
As I got off at Runcorn he once again wished all passengers a pleasant afternoon!
The best bus ride I have had in a long time with a driver who knows how to drive and be polite to customers at the same time, who'd have thunk it!

I rode 2 Cadets after this bus, but I think its pointless writing about them as it would be the typical 'average' report!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - K853 MTJ - 10/06/2012 08:30
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)