Current time: 07/05/2024, 02:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
A good read Luke! Seeing as my post was lost on the old forum and I can't find a cached version anywhere, I'll just reiterate my point about 'safe mode' though:

It's likely that a lot of buses are not at all in 'safe mode' which actually refers to the automated tuning down of the engine upon an ad-blue filter failure meaning that the bus is running off of pure diesel/not mixing the ad-blue correctly and therefore, for it to remain at the previous power rating would mean that emissions would increase. More likely is that these vehicles have been tuned down by fitters in the depot for what could be a variety of reasons. If for any reason leaving the engine at it's current power rating could lead to a failed monthly check/MOT for example, it gets tuned down via a computer in depot and then they rarely get tuned back up, unless someone says something, through being forgotten about or the fitters just not having the time. Another example would be to protect a vulnerable engine which has been known to fail repeatedly; tuning it down will obviously preserve its life and usability. This can also be done on any vehicle which has the facility so in theory could effect Cadets, Enviro300s, Enviro400s etc. Indeed, I've previously noted it on one of our Cadets, 2492, here in St Helens although that has since been rectified. Hope this clears things up a bit!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - CX54 DKD - 07/06/2012 15:52
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)