Current time: 20/05/2024, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
Does anybody know who's going to be operating 146 Wrexham-Whitchurch service or is this going to be another link that's going to be lost?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/12/2017 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know who's going to be operating 146 Wrexham-Whitchurch service or is this going to be another link that's going to be lost?

The 146 is a tendered service to Wrexham Borough Council so they will make arrangements to cover the service as they have done a good number of times already since the demise of GHA.
(17/12/2017 23:17)Conbus Wrote:  Really suprised Arriva have not announced anything. Easy coach are recruiting maybe this could be their expansion into wrexham

EasyCoach are having issues covering the Shrewsbury area work due to a loss of driving staff of late.
(18/12/2017 00:39)mtl97 Wrote:  Arriva are running hourly services to wrexham industrial estate from 5am plus they are putting deckers & another decker for llangollen schools so all pupils can get on board, arriva need at least 15 extra buses in bangor in 2 weeks, I'm surprised by how many companies are going out of business, plus with 2 council owned companies going private, makes you wonder what will happen next year

I assume you are referring to Thamesdown and Rosso? I suppose anything could happen next year, rumours going around about First selling more depots too.
(18/12/2017 07:15)Depotosw Wrote:  EasyCoach are having issues covering the Shrewsbury area work due to a loss of driving staff of late.

Presumably a lot of drivers have moved on to operators that pay a higher rate, specifically Arriva.
(18/12/2017 08:10)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  I assufme you are referring to Thamesdown and Rosso? I suppose anything could happen next year, rumours going around about First selling more depots too.

I would put money on Halton it was close to been sold in the summer to RAPT but they pulled out at the last minute
Does anyone know who is taking over the 35 service to Plas Goulbourne and Borras Park? Many years ago, Crosville used to operate the route in competition with D Jones, but people preferred to travel with Jones and so Crosville pulled out, this was sometime around 1990-91. I am assuming that Arriva would jump at the chance to take it over now Jones have gone, as this is quite a profitable route and it is currently the only area of Wrexham where Arriva don't operate at present. No doubt if they do take it over, the fares will be dearer than Jones.
(18/12/2017 13:27)trixmax2000 Wrote:  I would put money on Halton it was close to been sold in the summer to RAPT but they pulled out at the last minute

Agreed - Blackpool Transport, Cardiff Bus, Lothian Buses, NCT and Reading Buses obviously aren't going anywhere with continuous fleet investment but I feel possibly any of the other remaining ones could potentially sell.
Stagecoach have confirmed they are running the C56 again tomorrow free of charge. They have said they don't know yet about the long term. I think Wrexham Council must still be in talk deciding.
As from tomorrow Arriva Buses Wales will operate Service 35 with minor route changes Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)