Current time: 26/04/2024, 09:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
(25/02/2017 15:08)MTL0201 Wrote:  You do know the 418/419 are commercial services, it's up to Arriva to decide whether or not to change them, not Merseytravel. The network review is for Merseytravel tendered routes only.

Yeah I do know that it's a commercial service, I just assumed they look at all services because merseytravel state you can have say to all bus company's and looking at the Sefton review commercial services are getting changed such as F6, 135, 300, 310 etc

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/02/2017 15:19)Jw88 Wrote:  I can't see the 418/419 being rerouted since Avon Buses 10/10A From New Brighton To Arrowe Park Are So Popular already during the day and the 418/419 go the same way As The 10A Except From The Beachwood Estate. not many people get on the 118/119 on a Sunday Between Arrowe Park And New Brighton As when The 118/119 gets to Arrowe park it's Already packed But When The 10/10A Arrive Lots Of people get on At Arrowe park

They hardly follow the same route let's be honest, maybe between Arrowe Park and Upton station that's about it also the 10 only runs from like 9am till 4pm. The 10A takes over the 10 later on and goes the complete opposite way to the 418/419. I think the 118/119 are fairly popular on Sundays I live on Beechwood and they always seem adequately full

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/02/2017 15:43)busdude Wrote:  They hardly follow the same route let's be honest, maybe between Arrowe Park and Upton station that's about it also the 10 only runs from like 9am till 4pm. The 10A takes over the 10 later on and goes the complete opposite way to the 418/419. I think the 118/119 are fairly popular on Sundays I live on Beechwood and they always seem adequately full

Most people get on the 119 at Arrowe park hospital other changes I am really surprised at are the 88 going to Neston From April 23rd Monday To Saturday Evenings And Sunday's I wonder how long that will last
Find all posts by this user
The 118/119 will have to be looked at in close detail.

We could see the 118/119 closely follow the route of the 418/419 making it uniform seven days a week , i know it would then cease to serve New Brighton - Birkenhead Park Station.

Another possibility is the extension of Sunday services to Eastham Ferry if the 87 is withdrawn and not reprieved in some form.
(26/02/2017 09:35)E208 WBG Wrote:  If this happens i wonder if the 10/10A be viable on a sunday to make that also uniform 7 days a week

They probably won't as the 118/119 have been running from Mill Park Via Arrowe park to New Brighton For Years and Avon Buses haven't done it before
(26/02/2017 08:02)wirralbus Wrote:  The 118/119 will have to be looked at in close detail.

We could see the 118/119 closely follow the route of the 418/419 making it uniform seven days a week , i know it would then cease to serve New Brighton - Birkenhead Park Station.

Another possibility is the extension of Sunday services to Eastham Ferry if the 87 is withdrawn and not reprieved in some form.

The 87 is being withdrawn due to the 88 extending to Neston Brook Street As Currently When The 88 Gets To Heswall Bus Station It Changes To The 86/87 or Vise Versa
(25/02/2017 15:19)Jw88 Wrote:  I can't see the 418/419 being rerouted since Avon Buses 10/10A From New Brighton To Arrowe Park Are So Popular already during the day and the 418/419 go the same way As The 10A Except From The Beachwood Estate. not many people get on the 118/119 on a Sunday Between Arrowe Park And New Brighton As when The 118/119 gets to Arrowe park it's Already packed But When The 10/10A Arrive Lots Of people get on At Arrowe park

If Arriva really wanted to go back to commercial operating to New Brighton , im sure they would have done so already , the route to Birkenhead Woodside from Beechwood allowed them to have a little tinker with other routes and out of it came the 492/5 as well
(26/02/2017 11:13)Jw88 Wrote:  They probably won't as the 118/119 have been running from Mill Park Via Arrowe park to New Brighton For Years and Avon Buses haven't done it before

I dont see the 118/119 operating after review from New Brighton but from Birkenhead Bus Station in lieu of Birkenhead Woodside .
(26/02/2017 11:17)Jw88 Wrote:  The 87 is being withdrawn due to the 88 extending to Neston Brook Street As Currently When The 88 Gets To Heswall Bus Station It Changes To The 86/87 or Vise Versa

This in an important link between Heswall And Clatterbridge that is being removed im sure that something will have to be sorted because it would involve a big detour via Neston in CHESHIRE or via Birkenhead to get between said points.
(26/02/2017 12:37)wirralbus Wrote:  This in an important link between Heswall And Clatterbridge that is being removed im sure that something will have to be sorted because it would involve a big detour via Neston in CHESHIRE or via Birkenhead to get between said points.

I Know Its Bad That Means Heswall Wont get A Bus To Clatterbridge On Monday To Saturday Evenings Or On Sunday But On the Other Hand I Am Glad Heswall Will Finaly Have A Monday To Saturday Evenings Or Sunday Bus Service To Neston Via Parkgate From Monday 24th of April As The Last one At 5pm of the 22 Is Too Early 88 Timetable link: http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02017).pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)