Current time: 12/05/2024, 21:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(12/03/2023 21:06)knutstransport Wrote:  Arriva were just a rebrand. British Bus was owned by Cowie and had many different operating subsidiaries. They changed it to a uniform Arriva name.

Worth remembering North Western acquired additional Cheshire operations by buying Nova Scotia (Winsford) and Starline Travel (Knutsford & Wythenshawe). Starline had a sister company coach division, which Bullocks part owned. North Western didn't want that so it ended up being split between Bullocks and Selwyn's.

I think at one point Winsford was transferred to Arriva Midlands North, following their acquisition of Stevensons (who had a depot in Macclesfield).

So many small depots have gone over the years. GHA acquired a few including Dobson's (Lostock Gralam).

North Western also acquired Loftys in Chester, so they had quite a spread of services across Cheshire for a while.

It was under British Bus that Stevensons were acquired, although it's always seemed odd that they ended up running Macclesfield. Stevensons and Midland Red North ended up with common management, and even had the same yellow/red/white livery prior to the re branding as Arriva.

I'm pretty sure Winsford was never Arriva Midlands North - Crewe and Macc were Midlands North as it was simply a continuation of the previous Midland Red North/Stevensons management but under the Arriva branding. I assume it all came under Arriva North West when the depot at Crewe shut.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - K10K11 - 13/03/2023 12:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)