Current time: 13/05/2024, 16:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(29/10/2021 13:00)Redmikey Wrote:  The details of the changes are here.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...t-and-west

It seems like the town routes are going to be more circuitous and the interurban routes more direct.
Some good and some not so good changes there.

Northwich locals I agree with in part. Shame about the 4 going around the world for Leftwich but it makes sense for the times. Good to see the housing developments served.

31/37 - Meh. Some good, some bad. Good that some areas get faster journeys but not as good seeing the frequencies drop such as Wharton, Moulton and Davenham. One thing that I think I would change is the 37s so that the Sandbach terminator goes to Northwich as per current. Just as not many people seem to want to go end to end and it would prevent some delays and make the round trip significantly shorter so delays are more contained (given the 31 and 37 seem to interwork.).

7/7A - Good to see the improved links but shame about the frequency and having layover in the industrial estate. You'd think that they would put the layover somewhere nicer for passengers or, I think I would possibly run Winsford station to Winsford Library via the industrial estate and Wharton both directions then start the circulars west of the town centre. Or run up Crook Lane rather than Station Road so Wharton doesn't completely drop from 3bph with long distance links to 1 bus per hour local run (and another bus per hour if you don't mind sitting around the industrial estate for 6 minutes).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 29/10/2021 20:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)