Current time: 13/05/2024, 09:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(10/08/2018 16:14)33109 Wrote:  Thing is with D&G have they got enough drivers & buses to do a busy route like the 130?

A macc driver does a round trip which is around 3hrs or so. They'd do well but however things ain't exactly rosy with them either are they? A while ago a load of D&G drivers left & joined arriva.

Selwyns are getting back into doing regular bus routes now alongside their coach work. Maybe they'd be interested if TFGM & cheshire east play ball.......

Personally speaking, I'm fed up with arriva as are a lot of their passengers. Really do get the impression most people would be happy if they disappeared.

I've got no idea what D&G's staffing levels are like, they've just axed a load of services so whether they were struggling to find drivers or whether that means they've got spare drivers or have made some redundant, I don't know.

If Arriva do cancel the 130 Cheshire East's first response will be to try and find another operator who will consider running it commercially, then if they do they won't do anything further even if the new operator only proposes running a 2 hourly service or an hourly service between Macclesfield and Handforth with a very limited number of services extending to Manchester.

The one good thing about Arriva is their live tracking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 10/08/2018 16:30

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)