Current time: 12/05/2024, 19:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(10/08/2018 07:59)33109 Wrote:  I heard a couple of drivers talking about this the other day, stagecoach are rumoured to be interested in taking on the 130. Although whether they would or not I'm not sure as it's outside the TFGM area.

Some points to consider:
- When Stagecoach stopped running the Wilmslow extensions of the 378 they said it was due to ENCTS reimbursement in Cheshire East being poor. I'm sure the 130 has more fare paying passengers but are there enough to make Stagecoach interested
- Stagecoach undertook the emergency 130 Su and BH contract when GHA went bust but when it went to tender properly Arriva were the only bidder, meaning Stagecoach didn't want it at the time.
- The Manchester end of the 130 does overlap with Stagecoach routes so maybe they'd be interested in part of the route but not the whole route

Quote:Arriva have been slashing services for a while now. They're rumoured too to be considering selling their UK operations. So if arriva walked out, big question for macc is who'd take over macclesfield's services?

I thought it was DB who were interested in selling Arriva opposed to Arriva being interested in selling it's UK operations.

If Arriva were to disappear from the Macclesfield area I'm sure one of the Julian Peddle's companies would step in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 10/08/2018 08:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)