Current time: 13/05/2024, 03:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(16/12/2017 19:44)dca529x Wrote:  There is a solution, cut it back to Parrs Wood. Is there really a need for it to go into the City Centre ?. Is cross East Didsbury traffic that high ?. From my obs, no its not. Onward services are plentiful Northern Rail, Metrolink, Magic Bus, First or along Kingsway the not infrequent 50. Having said that though, why should it ?. Just because restrictions are in force by whoever, because they are long standing, it doesn't make them right or fit for todays operation conditions. The failure still remains with those who seem to think they are appropriate. The one size fits all approach, doesn't work and its not helped by the operator who seems content with it.

But you've still not said who (as in which service) should make way for the extra stand time of the 130.

I didn't want to make the "obvious" suggestion of running to Parrs Wood only, as I have no knowledge of cross Didsbury patronage, nor where north of Parrs Wood people are travelling to/from. The only slight thing I would say is that the 50 does not serve Piccadilly, so that would leave Kingsway/UBS (and specifically the back of MRI) without a link to Piccadilly Gardens.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Brickmill - 16/12/2017 20:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)