Current time: 13/05/2024, 20:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(16/12/2017 16:56)Brickmill Wrote:  As I've said elsewhere, in the case of the 130, Parker Street is controlled by Manchester City Council TROs not TFGM slot restrictions - albeit TFGM would do something similar. It might also be worth remembering that 130 is one of the longest surviving services wholly or partly in GM. Rightly or wrongly, Stagecoach and Arriva have "bitten the bullet" and truncated or even withdrawn such services eg. the 22 and 32, because they now its impractical with all the imponderables you mention above (though I'm not sure what bank holidays have to do with it, as they have a seperate schedule).
Trouble is, amongst your hyperbolic criticism of the system, you don't suggest a practical solution, other than inferring 130s should be allowed to park on the stop for considerably more than 8 minutes every hour.

There is a solution, cut it back to Parrs Wood. Is there really a need for it to go into the City Centre ?. Is cross East Didsbury traffic that high ?. From my obs, no its not. Onward services are plentiful Northern Rail, Metrolink, Magic Bus, First or along Kingsway the not infrequent 50. Having said that though, why should it ?. Just because restrictions are in force by whoever, because they are long standing, it doesn't make them right or fit for todays operation conditions. The failure still remains with those who seem to think they are appropriate. The one size fits all approach, doesn't work and its not helped by the operator who seems content with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - dca529x - 16/12/2017 19:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)