Current time: 12/05/2024, 14:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(16/12/2017 09:28)dca529x Wrote:  Or of course allocate 'slot' time according to frequency. I would suggest protecting the reliability of a low frequency service, is more important than a high frequency one, or does that fall in (for TfGM anyway) the too difficult box.

It falls in the "too difficult" box for three reasons in this instance:

1. As I've said, the 130 runs to/from Parker Street - which is subject to TROs laid down by the City Council, same as services terminating elsewhere round Piccadilly Gardens, Major Street (eg Transdev services) and Albert Square. Albeit, Parker Street is managed on a day to day basis by TFGM and Operators' Supervisors. Mind you, by "Operators" I do, of course mean Stagecoach, as First no longer employ Supervisors (except via Twitter). I assume its impractical for Arriva to provide Supervision.

2. You would have to change policy of many years (31?) standing.

3. It would effectively mean another Operator reducing departures, which obviously they are not going to agree to do.

That said, you make a reasonable point and Bus Reform *might* give the oppurtunity to overhaul the whole system in this regard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Brickmill - 16/12/2017 16:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)