Current time: 12/05/2024, 22:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(13/12/2017 21:09)Brickmill Wrote:  Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "ego" but I can assure you very few non-motorists in GM (apart from maybe Swinton or Fallowfield) think there is anything vaguely amusing about the fact they can't travel 3 stops for the same price a Londoner can travel from one end of a route to the other, nor that service levels are regularly being cut.

As for the "reality of bus operation", the reality is that without these restrictions, bus stations would be gridlocked (along with Portland Street in the case of Parker Street where the 130 terminates) and passengers of all physical abilities would have to walk into the roadway or run one or two stops down the stand to catch a bus. It would also encourage the 1980/90s attitude of competitors scheduling buses at exactly the same time, and then leaving a 30 minute gap - except of course, intra-bus competition only exists where the route is already well served. The point about Parker Street is that without LA "input", Parking Wardens could ticket any bus parking for more than two minutes (Highway Code 24x something, I think)

Don't bus stations have slot times to prevent chaos in Cheshire, Merseyside or wherever you travel?

The days of 'chaos' are long gone. Things have moved on since 1986. Whether 'slot' times have any value nowadays is debatable. Instead of creating restrictions authorities need to work on more efficient traffic management to mitigate delays, then there wouldn't be the need for layover times to be more than necessary. Unfortunately, with the obsession for poor traffic light phases and under utilised bike lanes taking up road space, bus use decline and poor service reliabiity will continue and that brings to topic back very neatly to the decline of the 130.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - dca529x - 15/12/2017 21:17

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)