Current time: 13/05/2024, 06:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(20/04/2017 09:14)Redmikey Wrote:  There are gaps of 90 minutes between departures from Manchester in the evening peak. Anyone working in wilmslow has only got one bus towards macc after 5pm and a bus north at 1718 and then 1905. Not much use if you finish work at 5.30 or 6 is it?
It's the same from Macc if I finish work at 5 I have got to be at the bus station by 1710 because the next bus is at 1825.

So the timetable is virtually useless to all commuters in the three biggest towns on the route.

We have the same issue with the 27 route. If you work in Knutsford the bus is useless unless you can work something like 8-4.30 or 9.30-6. If you work in Macclesfield and start at 8 or finish at 6 the bus is useless.

With Macclesfield having a lot of digital agencies they generally want to employ people who can stay late one night to finish a project with a short deadline and then finish early on another day. I've pointed this out to Cheshire East before but there response has been they feel the bus times (of Macclesfield services in general) meets the need of most people! Obviously the significant drop in patronage on the 27 service since the route went 2 hourly is nothing to do with it not running at the times people need to travel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 20/04/2017 10:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)