Current time: 13/05/2024, 08:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Regarding 130s I was in drivers mess room with a driver friend of mine recently and got talkig to 2 old timers from Macclesfield Depot and got told that Macclesfield are doing most Manchester journies now and there are no 25min dropbacks in Macclesfield, infact timings on 130 have been a problem for years.

I also got told that the problem is more noticeable now as when the old Macclesfield Depot (At the bottom of the hill) was open the drivers could ring up and let depot know that they were running late off 130s and a spare bus would be sent out on time to cover the late runner but these days the major problem is that the spare buses dont exist anymore so the late running is more noticeable so if a bus runs late its going to stay late.

There are many pinch points on 130 that generate late running including round Macclesfield in peak times sometimes it can take an extra 15 or even 20mins to get from Broken Cross to Macclesfield due to traffic going past the Hospital, also there's traffic round Wilmslow that depending on the day can be heavy or light and then there's the traffic in various locations round Manchester to deal with.

As for what you said Ant about 25min late being disgusting like I've just highlighted above sometimes it can't be helped.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - M60lad - 20/04/2017 05:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)