Current time: 20/05/2024, 05:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas period Transport 2016
RE: Christmas period Transport 2016
(24/12/2016 23:40)busdude Wrote:  They haven't ran on Boxing Day or New Year's Day for as long as I remember, I live in that route and we've only ever had 216/217 run on them days until the 492/495 were introduced. There's been many times I've been stranded waiting for a 118/119 on them days

Also 110 on Xmas day goes to Woodside but it does not on Sundays

And 118 on Xmas day goes into Arrowe Park Hospital grounds but does not the rest of the year
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A very odd site this morning to see just ONE bus in Warrington Interchange. i.e. Halton Transports No. 62B. Network Warrington are not running any services today although I am unsure whether Arriva are running to and from Warrington.
We have a crazy situation whereby the Merseyside area is running a reduced Sunday service but it appears Wigan (132) and Warrington (62B) only have 1 bus service each.
(26/12/2016 10:56)Katie Wrote:  A very odd site this morning to see just ONE bus in Warrington Interchange. i.e. Halton Transports No. 62B. Network Warrington are not running any services today although I am unsure whether Arriva are running to and from Warrington.

Unfortunately, no Arriva buses today:
"Sorry, no services will operate in Cheshire, Halton or Lancashire."
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/f...2016-2017/

It's good of Warrington Council to open the bus station for the Halton Transport service though, as when Network Warrington stopped running past 5pm on Sundays, they closed the bus station at that time and refused to let passengers onto Arriva buses.
(26/12/2016 11:29)St Helens Rider Wrote:  We have a crazy situation whereby the Merseyside area is running a reduced Sunday service but it appears Wigan (132) and Warrington (62B) only have 1 bus service each.

And the 62B is also one of the quietest services in the town!
Your are right. i have witnessed two 62b journeys from the interchange and one inward completely empty.
Hats off to Halton though for really trying with their 62 lately -- they have made some great changes from the point of view of the passenger, and I just hope that they are sustainable enough to continue running in the future.
(26/12/2016 13:27)Valandil Wrote:  Hats off to Halton though for really trying with their 62 lately -- they have made some great changes from the point of view of the passenger, and I just hope that they are sustainable enough to continue running in the future.

their Sunday service appears to be doing okay. They have been pretty astute with their timetable
(26/12/2016 11:29)St Helens Rider Wrote:  We have a crazy situation whereby the Merseyside area is running a reduced Sunday service but it appears Wigan (132) and Warrington (62B) only have 1 bus service each.

Merseytravel often comes in for criticism but I do think that in recent years it has to take credit for liaising with Stagecoach and Arriva in improving bus provision at this time of the year. I have a feeling that there are many residents of the above towns who wish they were in the LCR rather than where they are now but would never admit to it.
(26/12/2016 14:55)Barney Wrote:  Merseytravel often comes in for criticism but I do think that in recent years it has to take credit for liaising with Stagecoach and Arriva in improving bus provision at this time of the year. I have a feeling that there are many residents of the above towns who wish they were in the LCR rather than where they are now but would never admit to it.

Big frustration is no bus services in the evening on Boxing Day/New Years Day when there used to be services, at least one bonus are trains on Boxing Day but only a few stations are open.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)