Current time: 11/05/2024, 20:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Birkenhead Atlantians
RE: Birkenhead Atlantians
(06/07/2016 16:28)SNL 824 Wrote:  This takes me back.

I remember the single door LCM/Gs being used with fareboxes on the 2/6 Oxton Circle in BCT days. The H regs had a modified Corpy livery and dual doors originally, and the J regs were actually delivered to the PTE in Wirral division livery. Most if not all of the J regs found their way to Seaview Road soon after delivery when LS got 12XX and 13XX PTE Atlantens. although I have a vague recollection that a couple stayed at LS after it went OMO. By that time the G and H regs were predominantly used on the North and Oxton Circles, and many were undergoing the modifications you noted. One of the OBG/Js was also used at LS as a tow bus for a while.

Also don't forget a couple of the OBG/Js were single deck.

Unfortunately I don't know what happened next except for 159.Hopefully one day soon work will start on restoration of this vehicle.

The J reg Deckers launched the cross river services to New Brighton when the new tunnel opened
a far cry from the Palatines and Hybrids that have operated on those more recently.i can also remember some of these buses working from Liverpool depots in the early 80s,,can`t put a precise date on that but probably around 1981/2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Birkenhead Atlantians - Train Man - 29/06/2016, 06:54
RE: Birkenhead Atlantians - SNL 824 - 06/07/2016, 16:28
RE: Birkenhead Atlantians - FC Pictures - 06/07/2016 18:04
RE: Birkenhead Atlantians - Train Man - 06/07/2016, 21:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)