Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Group 2017/18 order
RE: Stagecoach Group 2017/18 order
(18/04/2017 19:28)Nicholas Wrote:  Stagecoach are indeed increasing the 55, as they are hell bent on creating an unnecessary bus war, and it wouldn't have necessarily been against Go Ahead. They registered the new service 3 on the day Thamesdown was acquired, so they had that ready to go up against whoever bought the company.

As for other areas, competition isn't that intensive between Stagecoach and Go Ahead - in Oxford there is the Quality Bus Partnership, meaning timetables are co-ordinated and tickets are valid on either operator. And in Newcastle, the impression I get is that co-existence is peaceful.

May I just ask how you found out about the 55 increase? I have found the Vehicle Operator Licensing site but can only seem to find about when changes are happening, no specifics! On another transport-related site I also saw rumours about a 55 increase to Royal Wootton Bassett with buses from Cheltenham or Gloucester. If anyone could please lead me to the source of changes and how to find out what is happening I would be most pleased (looking for Stagecoach in Swindon and Stagecoach Oxfordshire changes in particular, not the dates but what they are changing to the most specific detail!) Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)