Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: 2013/14 Football Season
(14/12/2013 18:30)DVL418 Wrote:  It might not be the answer you want, but its the truth.

You still haven't said definitively if you would or would not continue to support Macclesfield if they were to become a Premier League side. Claiming "oh but they would never make it anyway" is not a proper answer.

I think that if you would indeed carry on supporting them were it ever to happen (which is what I suspect) then it is slightly hypocritical given the position you have taken regarding the Premier League. Many of us aren't fond if the politics of England's leading division, but we don't resort to nicknames like the 'Premiershit Cartel' and claims the football in this league is not 'proper' football.

Regardless of how much money La Liga donates to the Spanish game, the smaller clubs in La Liga are being suffocated by the TV dominance of Barca and Real. This situation is significantly worse than in England, so, as I say, things are hardly peachy elsewhere.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/12/2013 18:54)507009 Wrote:  
(14/12/2013 18:30)DVL418 Wrote:  It might not be the answer you want, but its the truth.

You still haven't said definitively if you would or would not continue to support Macclesfield if they were to become a Premier League side. Claiming "oh but they would never make it anyway" is not a proper answer.

I think that if you would indeed carry on supporting them were it ever to happen (which is what I suspect) then it is slightly hypocritical given the position you have taken regarding the Premier League. Many of us aren't fond if the politics of England's leading division, but we don't resort to nicknames like the 'Premiershit Cartel' and claims the football in this league is not 'proper' football.

Regardless of how much money La Liga donates to the Spanish game, the smaller clubs in La Liga are being suffocated by the TV dominance of Barca and Real. This situation is significantly worse than in England, so, as I say, things are hardly peachy elsewhere.

I apologise if I wasnt able to fully satisfy your curiosity, but in an earlier post, the phrase 'No brainier' was intended to convey the view that supporters of ALL clubs want them to play at the highest level possible. Satisfied now?

Now my turn to ask you a question. Where have I stated in this thread that football played by members of the a Premiershit Cartel isn't 'proper' football?

Finally, on the subject of nicknames that you don't like - can posters continue to refer the the team currently managed by David Moyes as Man Ure, as this nickname has been used many times on this forum's predecessor without any admonishment from you to date?
It probably stems from posts where you go on about 'armchair' supporters in the Premier League as seen in threads in the past. Prices and number of people going to Premier League games (especially for a team like Liverpool) is much higher than any non league team. Factor in not all football fans actually want to go the game, which is their choice, doesn't make them any less of a football fan. Again, many of us support Liverpool or Everton because we were born in Liverpool and these are the teams that our families support and so on. I come from a family that supports both Liverpool and Everton, had family at Hillsborough and on a happier side, many great Liverpool nights. Liverpool, as with teams such as Man United, Arsenal and teams from top leagues in Europe have massive followings from abroad because those teams were competing at the very top of their sport at that time. This is the same reason Formula 1 is on the TV and not Karting where many of the drivers start out, ditto for all other major sports.

If your team was at the top level of English football you'd probably get a bit tired of these kind of pops too. As previously mentioned, many of us are fans of Liverpool and not fans of Football politics.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
The reason I highlighted the 'Premiershit Cartel' nickname is simply because you have admonished others for using 'Manure' several times in the past, not because I don't like it. It's a little ironic you use it considering your criticism of others for exactly the same thing in the past.

As I say, I do consider it a little hypocritical you would carry on supporting Macclesfield given the fact they would themselves become part of this alleged 'Cartel'. As CX06 says, you've referenced 'armchair' Liverpool fans and 'air off the Pennines at real football grounds' etc. in the past.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(15/12/2013 01:09)507009 Wrote:  The reason I highlighted the 'Premiershit Cartel' nickname is simply because you have admonished others for using 'Manure' several times in the past, not because I don't like it. It's a little ironic you use it considering your criticism of others for exactly the same thing in the past.

As I say, I do consider it a little hypocritical you would carry on supporting Macclesfield given the fact they would themselves become part of this alleged 'Cartel'. As CX06 says, you've referenced 'armchair' Liverpool fans and 'air off the Pennines at real football grounds' etc. in the past.

This premiershit cartel label really gets to you doesn't it? I was howled down over the Man Ure issue some years back, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.

We have standing terraces at each end of the Moss Rose - something that supporters of every premiershit club to visit us in recent years have welcomed enthusiastically, describing ours as a 'real' football ground - even the travelling Evertonians that resembled 1500 snowmen by the final whistle when they visited us in the FA Cup the other year!

Must dash, have to buy my FA Cup third round ticket.
Except 507009 is probably one of those members who hasn't actually used 'Man Ure' at all. You're awfully good at avoiding valid points and using childish nicknames to get some stupid point across. It's like one way traffic when you post replies, picking up what you want and just replying to that.

Face facts, most of us here who are from Liverpool / Merseyside support Liverpool and Everton because our families did and they're the main teams in our region, plus both are actually situated within Liverpool itself. If Macclesfield had two teams, one in the top tier of English football and the other a non league team, it would be the same story. No point pretending otherwise.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
[quote='CX06 EBK' pid='49178' dateline='1387119799']
Except 507009 is probably one of those members who hasn't actually used 'Man Ure' at all. You're awfully good at avoiding valid points and using childish nicknames to get some stupid point across. It's like one way traffic when you post replies, picking up what you want and just replying to that.

Face facts, most of us here who are from Liverpool / Merseyside support Liverpool and Everton because our families did and they're the main teams in our region, plus both are actually situated within Liverpool itself. If Macclesfield had two teams, one in the top tier of English football and the other a non league team, it would be the same story. No point pretending otherwise.
[/

Don't see relevance of your second paragraph to the thread, but never mind. living and working in Liverpool and then Runcorn for several years certainly gave me an insight to the passion aroused by football amongst scousers. I haven't criticised Liverpool or Everton football clubs in this thread, just the way the Premiershit is being allowed to slowly strangle English football.

By the way, did you know that there has been a long-running cartoon strip called ' The Premiershits' so at least I'm not alone in my views about the organisation. Thought not.
You have in the past and no doubt will in the future, but we're just going around in circles here, most of us here aren't interested in the tedious politics of football as I think most 'proper' football fans aren't.. Nice to see Liverpool pick up some well deserved points against a poor Spurs side.

(15/12/2013 20:16)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Nice to see Liverpool pick up some well deserved points against a poor Spurs side.

Agreed CX06 - I thoroughly enjoyed watching the match and I think that Liverpool deserved to win
(15/12/2013 20:16)CX06 EBK Wrote:  You have in the past and no doubt will in the future, but we're just going around in circles here, most of us here aren't interested in the tedious politics of football as I think most 'proper' football fans aren't.. Nice to see Liverpool pick up some well deserved points against a poor Spurs side.

Agreed, certainly a win that I wasn't really expecting, Spurs were very poor.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)