Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Portsmouth
(08/02/2013 10:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  This is sad state of affairs for Portsmouth, personally I think they are just fighting the inevitable and they probably will go under. This club has been poorly run for a few years now and unfortunately things have now come to a head.

I suspect if Portmouth go, it have a 'domino' effect and several other clubs currently walking a financial tightrope will be in jepardy as well as creditors cut their losses.

The one to watch at the moment is Swindon Town, with a debt mountain relative to their current income. Chairman sold their best player during transfer window without the manager's knowledge, after de Cannio had offered to put his hand in his pocket to cover shortfalls in the wage bill.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I agree, I think there will be one or two more to follow, with Swindon certainly being a possibility, Di Canio has threatened to walk there hasnt he. Birmingham are another to have one or two issues but not as bad as Swindon & Portsmouth.
An English team has to do a Glasgow Rangers eventually , we are in cloud cuckoo land .
It probably would have happened with Liverpool had the two ronnies still been the owners.
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
A footballer of great loyalty and integrity and a criminally underrated centre back to boot. He's been brilliant in the last few games, showing what he is still capable of. Players like Skrtel and Agger will never be half the players Carra and Sami Hyypia were at their peak. I wish a genuine LFC legend a happy retirement, as another throwback to a happier era for our club is brought to a close.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(08/02/2013 20:19)wirralbus Wrote:  An English team has to do a Glasgow Rangers eventually , we are in cloud cuckoo land .

Rangers case is rather different in that the owner got caught trying to evade paying over £40 million in tax, and he lied about his background before taking over the club.
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
(08/02/2013 21:46)507009 Wrote:  A footballer of great loyalty and integrity and a criminally underrated centre back to boot. He's been brilliant in the last few games, showing what he is still capable of. Players like Skrtel and Agger will never be half the players Carra and Sami Hyypia were at their peak. I wish a genuine LFC legend a happy retirement, as another throwback to a happier era for our club is brought to a close.
Well said...we need Carra on the coaching staff just hope he accepts any offer at the end
of the season if he gets it which i think he will

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Bradford Football Club
Very interesting reading that Bradford have decided that if they beat Swansea in the Capital One Cup tomorrow, they will refuse to play in the Europa League next season! This opens up a few questions;

1. Can they refuse to play in Europe?
2. If so, could they be punished by UEFA?
2. Does that mean there may be a spare place in Europe for a team from the Premier League?

Of course, it all depends on the result tomorrow, but they say football's a funny old game!!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
RE: Bradford Football Club
IF Bradford win, and I Hope they do, but decline the Europa Cup place, surely it will be offered to the runners-up, Swansea?

Come on you Bantams!
RE: Bradford Football Club
(23/02/2013 22:44)DVL418 Wrote:  IF Bradford win, and I Hope they do, but decline the Europa Cup place, surely it will be offered to the runners-up, Swansea?

Come on you Bantams!

Aren't they throwing away a financial gain if they decide against going into The Europa League. Come on don't they want the chance to play in Europe.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)