Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Glasgow Rangers
(18/01/2013 14:27)SLTRegular Wrote:  Going off on one here but...

The issue with the welsh lot playing in england is they shouldnt be FULL STOP. Simple Welsh Teams in Welsh Leagues Scottish in Scottish i would personally love to see Cardiff and Swansea bannished from the English League system and potentially wrexham next season to. although i thought of potentally scrapping the scottish cup english league cup and having a Combined Cup like they do in Rugby Union? its the only good thing in Domestic Rugby Union as the magners league guiness premiership and domestic cups are depressing and make me want to go to sleep like most forms of rugby union.

Also English Cricket should get rid of the Welsh Irish and African players English teams for English players.

About as much chance as a snowball in hell of any of that happening, so wouldn't dwell on it too much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Which part?

What do you think of my Improved League cup idea?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
The sacking is ridiculous, hope Nigel Adkins gets another job in the Prem. Although as pointed out elsewhere, it seems the sacking was planned for them to have a replacement so soon, maybe they started looking elsewhere when Southampton were on a bad run and it was too late for them to turn back. Regardless, shocking decision.
Good win for Liverpool today .

Sturridge yet again scoring , I think we have missed someone who likes scoring as well as Suarez .

Isnt it 7th in the league , re-entry to Europe is a priority now .
Sturridge is exactly what Liverpool have been in dire need of for a long time, someone who can get the ball and get it into the back of the net. Hopefully we'll be seeing him score a lot more this season and him and Suarez working together in the box to score like we saw at Man Utd last weekend were they were passing it to each other and creating each other chances.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Number one priority is to finish above Everton .

It seems the crunch match could actually be the Derby itself on or around the 4th May.

That must be one of the latest derby match in years.
Reading took another important win today at Newcastle, a side on a remarkably steep downward slope. It would be some achievement if Reading stay up given their budget and need to look to the lower leagues for upcoming talent. My personal hope, given Southampton's shameful axing of Adkins, is that they go down at Reading's expense and we lose Wigan and especially QPR in the process.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
After last year , this year is a big disappointment for the Newcastle fans , they expected to see some progress after last year , Demba Ba going to Chelsea really has put this club at crisis point .

Newcastle United is one team that has a proven track record that resembles a rollercoaster ride .
(19/01/2013 19:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Number one priority is to finish above Everton .

Finishing above Everton would be nice, and in my opinion we will but that's something else! However it isn't the number one priority, they're just another club, the priority is to finish as high as possible regardless of which clubs are above or below us.
(18/01/2013 20:25)SLTRegular Wrote:  Which part?

What do you think of my Improved League cup idea?

All of it I'm afraid. Don't forget The Scottish FA wouldn't even agree to participating in the GB Olympic team, denying players a once in a generation opportunity because of petty politicing.

Football in Scotland is being killed by an obsession that sees any co-operation with the other home nations as something to be blocked at all costs and as long as those in charge maintain this ostrich mentality the game north of the border will continue to decline.

Short odds on Gordon Strachan walking away from the national team job within 12 months as well, given the blazer brigade's track record of interference with other recent manager's attempts to do the job.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)