Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Glasgow Rangers
(15/01/2013 19:31)DVL418 Wrote:  The latest story doing the rounds is that Rangers want to join the Blue Square premiership next season!

Story HERE.

Can't see it happening somehow but why not? Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Newport County are allowed to play in the English leagues.

But that is a natural pyramid for the likes of Wrexham and Newport , whereas it wouldnt be for Glasgow Rangers .

If Glasgow Rangers where allowed entry into Blue Square Premiership this would be the end of SPL and SFL football up there because I am sure that Celtic wouldnt be too far behind them , this may have something to do with the 12 12 18 formula that the SPL and SFL have been trying to get through to reorganise the game up there .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: FA Cup
lol :P

bolton has won sunderland 2-0 so we make the 4th round to play everton!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wink RE: FA Cup
(15/01/2013 13:11)DVL418 Wrote:  
(15/01/2013 09:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  bolton fc play sunderland in the FA cup replay!

We find out who our opponents will be after tonight's Bournemouth -v- Wigan replay.

Prefer Wigan obviously...come on you Pie-Eaters!!! Laugh

Well done Wigan.

Just bought my ticket for the 4th round match. Smile
Celtic are in favour of the new Scottish league formation though, Rangers aren't.
(17/01/2013 22:22)sumner Wrote:  Celtic are in favour of the new Scottish league formation though, Rangers aren't.

Celtic are in favour because it will keep Rangers one more season away from meeting them , seems nobody has thought about the teams in Scottish League Division 3 who will still stay in the bottom division irrespective of there position if these measures come into play.
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
Southampton have sacked Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Mauricio Pochettino (me neither). A simply incredible decision, equally as outrageous as Sam Allardyce's sacking from Blackburn, if not worse. A nicer bloke than Nigel in football you will not meet, and this is the guy who got them promoted with flying colours two years on the bounce. They've been playing well recently, well enough to escape the drop at the expense of a plethora of average and declining sides. To lose your job after achieving an away draw to Chelsea beggars belief. I liked Southampton this season, particularly with a local lad in Nigel Adkins in charge, but can't help but want to see them relegated in last place for this ludicrous replacement.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Great shout,wonder how long Rafa will last at Chelsea,still all these managers are well paid
and nearly all end up with another club or media work

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(18/01/2013 12:13)507009 Wrote:  Southampton have sacked Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Mauricio Pochettino (me neither). A simply incredible decision, equally as outrageous as Sam Allardyce's sacking from Blackburn, if not worse. A nicer bloke than Nigel in football you will not meet, and this is the guy who got them promoted with flying colours two years on the bounce. They've been playing well recently, well enough to escape the drop at the expense of a plethora of average and declining sides. To lose your job after achieving an away draw to Chelsea beggars belief. I liked Southampton this season, particularly with a local lad in Nigel Adkins in charge, but can't help but want to see them relegated in last place for this ludicrous replacement.

Agree 100%. However, I wonder if all ok behind the scenes.

Another local lad at Southampton s Ricky Lambert who is from Merseyside and played at my team, Macclesfield, as a young lad - great pro and pleased he made it to the Premiership ahead of some of the journeyman dross from overseas that many clubs squander their transfer budget on.
(17/01/2013 22:58)wirralbus Wrote:  
(17/01/2013 22:22)sumner Wrote:  Celtic are in favour of the new Scottish league formation though, Rangers aren't.

Celtic are in favour because it will keep Rangers one more season away from meeting them , seems nobody has thought about the teams in Scottish League Division 3 who will still stay in the bottom division irrespective of there position if these measures come into play.

Have Celtic stated that is why they are in favour of new unified structure, or are you just speculating?
Going off on one here but...

The issue with the welsh lot playing in england is they shouldnt be FULL STOP. Simple Welsh Teams in Welsh Leagues Scottish in Scottish i would personally love to see Cardiff and Swansea bannished from the English League system and potentially wrexham next season to. although i thought of potentally scrapping the scottish cup english league cup and having a Combined Cup like they do in Rugby Union? its the only good thing in Domestic Rugby Union as the magners league guiness premiership and domestic cups are depressing and make me want to go to sleep like most forms of rugby union.

Also English Cricket should get rid of the Welsh Irish and African players English teams for English players.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)