Current time: 17/05/2024, 08:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: FA Cup
(05/01/2013 22:23)DVL418 Wrote:  
(05/01/2013 21:27)sumner Wrote:  I watched the second half of the Macc/Cardiff game and have to say you thoroughly deserved it from what I saw. Reason for watching it was my mates big brother made his debut for Cardiff City, no 40 Luke Coulson, just a little claim to fame as well as serving Michael Owen a turkey sandwich at Haydock Park in the summer!

Notice after the game your manager wants an away game at Anfield, being a boyhood Liverpool supporter. Obviously we have to go through first but then again so do Manchester United as it stands...

Hope he gets over it soon, must have been a long coach trip back to South Wales.

Man U or Liverpool, not fussed as long as it isn't Southend or Luton away!

Good result - always nice to see Macc doing well in the cup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2013 22:23)DVL418 Wrote:  
(05/01/2013 21:27)sumner Wrote:  I watched the second half of the Macc/Cardiff game and have to say you thoroughly deserved it from what I saw. Reason for watching it was my mates big brother made his debut for Cardiff City, no 40 Luke Coulson, just a little claim to fame as well as serving Michael Owen a turkey sandwich at Haydock Park in the summer!

Notice after the game your manager wants an away game at Anfield, being a boyhood Liverpool supporter. Obviously we have to go through first but then again so do Manchester United as it stands...

Hope he gets over it soon, must have been a long coach trip back to South Wales.

Man U or Liverpool, not fussed as long as it isn't Southend or Luton away!

I'm sure he's fine, obviously disappointed with the result but pleased to make his debut!
Wigan or Bournemouth at home. Never mind, should still be a sell-out and a few more precious £'s for the transfer kitty.
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
I see Howard Webb will be handling this weekend's United/Liverpool game.

I wonder if we will get a repeat of the childish and silly abuse from certain supporters alleging bias after this match, like he was subjected to last time?

Regrettably, inevitably I suspect he will - from those of the loosing team.
I do wonder why the FA keep putting him in charge of this particular fixture.
(11/01/2013 17:56)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder why the FA keep putting him in charge of this particular fixture.

Best referee in the country by a long stretch, that's why.
Who can forget his class performance at the World Cup Final.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(11/01/2013 20:10)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Who can forget his class performance at the World Cup Final.

Still a regular A-graded international referee, so that match didn't do his long-term reputation any harm amongst professionals, and/or are rest even worse?
He has made questionable decisions in his career as have many other referees, both for and against many teams (including Liverpool & United). So naturally there is a lot of eyes on him, but the main thoughts should be about winning fair and square and not being helped or "cheated" by the referee which dominates many games these days it seems.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(11/01/2013 22:09)CX06 EBK Wrote:  He has made questionable decisions in his career as have many other referees, both for and against many teams (including Liverpool & United). So naturally there is a lot of eyes on him, but the main thoughts should be about winning fair and square and not being helped or "cheated" by the referee which dominates many games these days it seems.

Indeed, an allegation 'cheat' implies a deliberate strategy to favour one team against another. Such allegations are now routinely made by supporters on the wrong end of a referee error, without a shread of evidence to support the allegation. Yet these same supporters often persist in excuse/justify/ignore clear evidence of 'cheating' by their own players that referee's don''t spot during the frenetic pace of a Premiership match. Such ref's don't have the luxury of 12 cameras, replays or slow-motion viewed repeatedly from the comfort of an armchair to help them review a decision. Fact they get 90%+ key decisions RIGHT is testament to the high standard of referee-ing in this country.

Both rugby codes and cricket have had some system of video review of borderline decisions for years - yet the bloated Premiership persistently blocked any introduction of simple goal line technology - at £10,000 per ground, until the past 12 months. Why?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)