Current time: 17/05/2024, 07:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Stagecoach Manchester had problems with their 50s last night due to additional Christmas Shopping Traffic leaving Manchester and heading up A6 towards Crescent, traffic on A6 Chapel Street resembled what its normally like during a normal Mon-Friday evening rush hour.

Because of this while I was on my way into Manchester last night I spotted about 5 50s heading towards Salford Quays on what should have been a 15 minute service at about 20:15 last night so I'm guessing there would have been gaps in service later on in the night unless Stagecoach had enough drivers to cover the gaps in service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
FZJ/K/M in the yard.
(01/12/2013 10:06)R971XVM Wrote:  FZJ/K/M in the yard.

Any sign of any of the new hybrids hitting the road yet? I was in Manchester this afternoon but didn't see any of the new hybrids out.
AZ solo 47559 repaired and back in use
(02/12/2013 11:57)Benzo Wrote:  AZ solo 47559 repaired and back in use

Saw it today on staff duties - freshly repainted with very clean wheels - the best I have ever seen a Stagecoach vehicle - big contrast with my bus for the 231 tonight - 19004 complete with rattles and heavily etched glass Undecided
Looks like Stagecoach will be expanding more into Salford in the New Year, gaining the 74/75 from First (should be Irlams o'th' Heights, not Irlam):

PC0003681/358 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Pendleton
Finish Point: Irlam
Via:
Service Number: 74
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-JAN-2014
Other Details: Service introduced.
(02/12/2013 20:20)SF07 Wrote:  Looks like Stagecoach will be expanding more into Salford in the New Year, gaining the 74/75 from First (should be Irlams o'th' Heights, not Irlam):

PC0003681/358 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Pendleton
Finish Point: Irlam
Via:
Service Number: 74
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-JAN-2014
Other Details: Service introduced.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the new '50' hybrids venturing on to this route from time to time, given its close proximity.
So there will now be two Stagecoach 74 services... Hollinworth - Piccadilly and Pendleton - Irlam...
(03/12/2013 12:58)R971XVM Wrote:  So there will now be two Stagecoach 74 services... Hollinworth - Piccadilly and Pendleton - Irlam...

Stagecoach management will not like two identical service numbers , reckon in the not to distant future one of the service will become a different number like 174 , 274 etc .
there is 3 alx 300 entered service in wigan are 540, 600 and 626 today 22239, 22242 and 22238.

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)