Current time: 17/05/2024, 10:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Also laid new tarmac outside stand A on Oldham Street at the weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One thing stagecoach are great it is putting on concert travel, we are doing fri,sat,sun this weekend for Stone Roses at Heaton park.....deep inside first territory, lol (who apparently won the contract and pulled out)
Actually, Stagecoach is only providing a small number of buses for the Park and Ride service. I've been advised that there will be a large number of other companies chipping in for the service, potentially using a mixture of buses and coaches. Put it this way, standing outside Heaton Park could be an enthusiasts treat!
Accident involving a Stagecoach bus at Piccadilly Gardens this afternoon. Woman in her 80s (M.E.N. say 81 years old, BBC say 84) was knocked down by a bus going around the corner and ended up stuck underneath. Hopefully she will be alright but reports says she's fighting for her life.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningn...ly-gardens
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-18619082
That's bad news. I hope the lady is ok.
I saw the aftermath of the accident. The bus involved was Enviro400 19416.
Hopefully tfgm will finally address how shockingly poor this bus station is for a city of our size, needs stricter fencing and crossing control
(28/06/2012 19:55)Nicholas Wrote:  Actually, Stagecoach is only providing a small number of buses for the Park and Ride service. I've been advised that there will be a large number of other companies chipping in for the service, potentially using a mixture of buses and coaches. Put it this way, standing outside Heaton Park could be an enthusiasts treat!

Yeh I heard some figures from VLa and thought they seemed low, still it should be good for all involved
The crossings are in the wrong places, just round the corners, and there's too few of them. A lot of improvements are needed around there as the trams run there as well and in my opinion they run too close to the buses to be safe. People run across the tramlines trying to catch a bus and it's only a matter of time before one of them has an accident also, when a customary pip of the horn becomes too common a noise for people to take any notice anymore.
Any idea's which smaller companies are providing buses/coaches??

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)