Current time: 17/05/2024, 19:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(05/08/2013 08:22)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding 77 remember its not the first time Stagecoach have operated the route as before Bluebird took it over Stagecoach Manchester ran it for a time along the old circular route as 77 was yet another Hyde Road route that operated into North Manchester when Stagecoach bought GMBuses South and if I'm right in thinking the only route that Stagecoach still operate into North Manchester that's a legacy from GMBuses days is 76 Oldham-Manchester service, for some reason dispite most of the route being covered by various bits of other First routes Stagecoach have actually kept it on
Surprised it wasn't extended to Oldham as there is no direct service from parts of the route to there also across town, especially with First/Finglands situation now. Also I read on an earlier post that with the 80/112 changes that the 112 is increasing to run every 10 minutes by Stagecoach. is this true?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/08/2013 10:02)SF07 Wrote:  Sad news yesterday as a man died on a 383 service after slipping on the stairs. The 46-year old was on crutches and being helped up by his partner when he slipped part the way up the stairs and fell.

The incident happened around 5.30pm and the man was taken to hospital to be treated for an head injury but died later in the evening in the hospital.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...wn-5694249

that is sad
Whilst of course its tragic that someone has died, it does make me wonder about the intelligence of some people.
If the bloke was on crutches, what on earth was he doing going upstairs?! Definitely not the most sensible thing in the world.
(10/08/2013 18:37)mbonwick Wrote:  Whilst of course its tragic that someone has died, it does make me wonder about the intelligence of some people.
If the bloke was on crutches, what on earth was he doing going upstairs?! Definitely not the most sensible thing in the world.

i was on crutches in 2008 with a broken ankle and know how hard it can be to get about
(10/08/2013 18:37)mbonwick Wrote:  Whilst of course its tragic that someone has died, it does make me wonder about the intelligence of some people.

I wonder wether the lower deck was full and when the chap on crutches boarded no one got up and offered him a seat so was forced to go upstairs - I see it a lot especially when older frail passengers board. It's sadly a sign of the times.

From what I've read elsewhere the driver may have set off before the passenger had reached a seat.
(10/08/2013 19:15)mic Wrote:  

i was on crutches in 2008 with a broken ankle and know how hard it can be to get about

Having been on crutches myself, like MIC I found them hard work!, as for going up and downstairs, then forget it!!!
The man who died was my friends dad, he died due to a blood clot on his brain, as a result of falling.
Sorry to hear about this tragic accident but I'm yet another person who has been on crutches in the past and indeed it is difficult to get up/down stairs on a bus and the only time I would go upstairs is if the bus was stopped, I certainly didn't try it while the bus was moving
(10/08/2013 11:29)rod_259 Wrote:  [quote='M60lad' pid='41680' dateline='1375690943']
Also I read on an earlier post that with the 80/112 changes that the 112 is increasing to run every 10 minutes by Stagecoach. is this true?

Yes it is true.
(11/08/2013 06:54)M60lad Wrote:  Sorry to hear about this tragic accident but I'm yet another person who has been on crutches in the past and indeed it is difficult to get up/down stairs on a bus and the only time I would go upstairs is if the bus was stopped, I certainly didn't try it while the bus was moving

It's difficult to get up or down the stairs at the best of times when the bus is moving. I often do it and if the bus jolts I've nearly slipped a few times going up and down, so with crutches I can imagine the added difficulty.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)