Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
40660 still solders on saw it in Mossley 20 mins ago
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/07/2013 09:25)mic Wrote:  40660 still solders on saw it in Mossley 20 mins ago

So it's still around then. Which is more than what can seemingly be said about 47559, which, following its return to Ashton seems to be a little shy.
I didn't think Ashton had much use for Solo's these days, following the demise of the 390.
I would have thought that the Solos would be good for the 183 in Oldham. Not the busiest of services and would be more adequate than MANs and Enviro200s (or even a Enviro400) that are normally used. The Solos tend to be used for the driver changes for the 183 at Limeside.
I would have thought that as well to be honest. Once the 390 went, the 183 seemed to be the only route in Ashton where Solos could be used. I thought 47559 might possibly go on to there, but then it supposedly moved to Middleton, but never turned up there and just seemed to disappear.
I suppose if it's a spare then it's an obvious choice for driver changing, along with 40660.
The 183 gets dropped twice daily for schools... so maybe they use the larger vehicles so the school contract can easily be fulfilled
(24/07/2013 18:59)ace Wrote:  I would have thought that as well to be honest. Once the 390 went, the 183 seemed to be the only route in Ashton where Solos could be used. I thought 47559 might possibly go on to there, but then it supposedly moved to Middleton, but never turned up there and just seemed to disappear.
I suppose if it's a spare then it's an obvious choice for driver changing, along with 40660.

Apparently it never left AZ, and is out of service with a major mechanical fault but from what I've been told from an AZ driver it's been dumped at the back of the depot along with one of the ex Maynes single deck Scania's and left to rot - now I'm sure both of these were supposedly moved to Middleton but only one ever went Undecided
(25/07/2013 09:45)Mayneway Wrote:  
(24/07/2013 18:59)ace Wrote:  I would have thought that as well to be honest. Once the 390 went, the 183 seemed to be the only route in Ashton where Solos could be used. I thought 47559 might possibly go on to there, but then it supposedly moved to Middleton, but never turned up there and just seemed to disappear.

Apparently it never left AZ, and is out of service with a major mechanical fault but from what I've been told from an AZ driver it's been dumped at the back of the depot along with one of the ex Maynes single deck Scania's and left to rot - now I'm sure both of these were supposedly moved to Middleton but only one ever went Undecided

The ex Maynes single deck would be 28506 (YN53GFJ) I presume. I believe this one is on the disposal list, which is why they're probably not making any attempt to revive it. But I would have thought the Solo would be repaired as it's only 08 reg, unless the problem is really major, in which case it may follow the Scania Wave
(25/07/2013 15:55)ace Wrote:  
(25/07/2013 09:45)Mayneway Wrote:  

The ex Maynes single deck would be 28506 (YN53GFJ) I presume. I believe this one is on the disposal list, which is why they're probably not making any attempt to revive it. But I would have thought the Solo would be repaired as it's only 08 reg, unless the problem is really major, in which case it may follow the Scania Wave

That's right with 28507 over at Middleton. Its a shame one is going and the other is staying but they were never intended to stay in the Manchester fleet anyway so im surprised they have lasted so long.

The Solo is a strange one as it seemed to disappear some weeks before the 390 tender went to High Peak. Apparently its been parked in the same position for some time and doesn't sound like its receiving any mechanical attention but not sure exactly what's wrong with it.

Another AZ bus which seems to have gone very shy is 17612. Not seen it in service for a several months now while the other trident 17670 is out most weekdays.
Does 28507 still get used much only I haven't seen it in service for a while, in fact the same could be said of the Wright Crusader B6s which I don't think have been in service for a while either and I'm sure I saw one languishing at the back of Middleton Depot when I went past earlier this week, as for 17612 I'm sure I saw a picture of this somewhere took up at Bus and Coach World at Blackburn
28507 and the B6LEs shouldn't be in service, no.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)