Current time: 15/05/2024, 21:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Just seen one of the MX05CK? Batches of Volvo B7RLE's at Wigan having an identity crisis, on a 658 with the rear back offside F logo reappearing, whatever they covered them up with has come off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One for Nicholas mainly this.

I don't suppose anyone has an allocation breakdown of vehicle types to services do they? Manchester is one of the few regions where I don't get a PVR card and its making working out route allocations/PVRs rather difficult.
Stagecoach in the news the the wrong reasons today.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningn...-until-3am

Shocking story. The way some Stagecoach drivers behave towards elderly and disabled people is terrible. Hopefully the driver will be properly disaplined.
MX62LVR is currently on the 631/2. Smile
(07/12/2012 17:07)thomasl1231 Wrote:  MX62LVR is currently on the 631/2. Smile

Me too i saw it on 1.50 pm at 632 MX62 LVR on holmes house avenue. how you know, Thomas? u been wigan bus station?

Cheers,

Martyn
(07/12/2012 00:11)mbonwick Wrote:  One for Nicholas mainly this.

I don't suppose anyone has an allocation breakdown of vehicle types to services do they? Manchester is one of the few regions where I don't get a PVR card and its making working out route allocations/PVRs rather difficult.

I'd have to work it out manually as I'm not aware of such a document. It's not necessarily easy due to the way some services interwork or operate to/from depot.

Of interest, due to a breakdown on the East Lancs Road, Hyde Road vehicle 19276 ended up covering a journey on the 32 from Manchester to Wigan!
(07/12/2012 14:51)Mayneway Wrote:  Stagecoach in the news the the wrong reasons today.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningn...-until-3am

Shocking story. The way some Stagecoach drivers behave towards elderly and disabled people is terrible. Hopefully the driver will be properly disaplined.

According to the news, the driver has been subject to an internal disciplinary, and rightly so as well. Incidents such as this really drag the Stagecoach name down as people lose trust. The vast majority of drivers do their job well, and would do the correct checks before leaving the bus for the night. I can only imagine the driver was too tired to be bothered, or simply forgot.
As the news report mentioned, Stagecoach have spent hundreds of millions in recent years investing in a fleet specifically designed to help the disabled, in line with Government legislation.
Just an unfortunate incident, which I hope lessons will be learnt from.
Found quite a few photos on Flickr of Stagecoach livered buses being used on the Wigan routes, albeit their own vehicles rather than re-branded First vehicles.

22102, 22144, 22157, 33084, 33091, 33729, 34116 and 36778 have been in service on the 600, 631 and 658. Logo name has 'Stagecoach in Wigan' on the sides.
(07/12/2012 20:27)SF07 Wrote:  Found quite a few photos on Flickr of Stagecoach livered buses being used on the Wigan routes, albeit their own vehicles rather than re-branded First vehicles.

22102, 22144, 22157, 33084, 33091, 33729, 34116 and 36778 have been in service on the 600, 631 and 658. Logo name has 'Stagecoach in Wigan' on the sides.

It seems quite a few of the reserve MAN's have gone to Wigan. 22105 and 22145 were also photographed on Flickr, presumably assisting with driver route training, etc.
Route training won't be needed - it's the same drivers that First employed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)