Current time: 17/05/2024, 12:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
In the 4 years I worked there I saw 14 fire damaged, all but one were the 60 Plate versions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Do they know the cause of the fires or is it still being looked at as its getting as bad as the bendybus saga.
(09/07/2017 11:10)Alexw12 Wrote:  About 6 now, 5 this year. It's getting quite ridiculous

That's one a month!, anybody fancy having a bet when the next one going to be?

Joking apart, I am somewhat surprised that the Authorities, ain't taking a much closer look into the causes of all these bus fires.
(09/07/2017 16:35)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  That's one a month!, anybody fancy having a bet when the next one going to be?

Joking apart, I am somewhat surprised that the Authorities, ain't taking a much closer look into the causes of all these bus fires.

with the amount of fires that have happened this year, i'm surprised ADL haven't done a recall!
Are there any other green 60-plates elsewhere in the group? If they aren't having a similar spate of fires it maybe contained to the Manchester batch.
(09/07/2017 19:01)Dentonian Wrote:  The next oldest batch are 26x 11 regs in Newcastle, but it would also be interesting in the long run to see if any of the 10 regs recently transferred from Oxford are affected. Also, whilst the original 10/60 batch seem to be most prone, don't forget that 13 reg 12214 is the only one to have been so badly damaged it had to be scrapped. iirc, 12199 has also suffered a fire, but that might have been arson.

One of Reading's 60 plates caught fire a couple of months ago:

Reading 203 fire

Small, high revving engines running at hotter temperatures creates more heat. Basic physics really and now we're on Euro 6.
Don't the 60 plate's have a Unique layout for the hybrid bus. afaik Manchester has 3 different layouts internally of Hybrids

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
19188 was on loan to AZ today.
Recently announced but not reported on here yet is that Wigan Bus Station is due to close for redevelopment at the end of this month before the new Bus Station opens on the same site by the end of 2018.

Temporary bus stops will be sited at the following locations:
Market Hall layby on New Market Street
Hallgate
Richmond Street
Dorning Street
King Street West
Library Street
Parsons Walk

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)