Current time: 19/05/2024, 18:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Well that's what my reliable source from Stagecoach told me.

Agreed, sacking is harsh, especially at this time of the year, but the driver should've informed management he was unwell.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
'Sacked' - more likely discharged on medical grounds.
If the doctors/DVSA weren't happy with him to continue to hold a PSV licence, there's not much he can do as a bus driver is there?
If his blacked out or something at the wheel then it's standard procedure for the police or hospital to inform the dvla which suspends your licence for a minimum of 6-12 months then would require a full medical before getting his licence back
(27/12/2014 17:08)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If his blacked out or something at the wheel then it's standard procedure for the police or hospital to inform the dvla which suspends your licence for a minimum of 6-12 months then would require a full medical before getting his licence back

Even a mild heart attack can result in the DVLA suspending a licence for anything up to 6 months.
Exactly my points. If his licence is suspended, he's no use as a driver, and there's very limited scope to move him into a non-driving role.

So sacked is the wrong term...either he's on medical leave until he maybe gets licence back, or has left the company on aforementioned health grounds.
(27/12/2014 18:09)mbonwick Wrote:  Exactly my points. If his licence is suspended, he's no use as a driver, and there's very limited scope to move him into a non-driving role.

So sacked is the wrong term...either he's on medical leave until he maybe gets licence back, or has left the company on aforementioned health grounds.

You make a very good point regarding non driving roles. I know of a driver at Stagecoach Manchester who had is full licence revoked due to a ongoing eye problem and was kept on as a cleaner/handy man at the depot he spent many years driving at. I'm sure there are many drivers stagecoach carnt wait to see the back of but it's good to think that some are offered non driving roles.

Of course it could well be that the driver has been suspended or given leave and has decided to leave. It must be a huge shock doing something like that.
I think the word in this drivers case could simply be retired, so retired from driving on medical grounds, sacked is probably not really the correct way of putting it.
I think the appropriate term is Contructive Dismissal
(27/12/2014 20:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I think the word in this drivers case could simply be retired, so retired from driving on medical grounds, sacked is probably not really the correct way of putting it.

Sacked would be more likely used for the driver who De-Roofed 17501

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Mayneway I'm wondering if your talking about the same person that I know as if it is I think he used to be a driver at Speedwell Travel and was a regular on their late 369 Stockport-Airport tender in the evenings and is a lovely friendly bloke and very chatty.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)