Current time: 29/05/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
There is going to be more than 46 people every half hour wanting the fast option to Cheshire Oaks from Liverpool to do their christmas shopping in November and December.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/08/2014 17:24)Shaun821 Wrote:  MAN Enviro300s are going to be used on X8s...
Hammer

Running MANs flat out on the motorway is not going to end well.
I really think they wont last long, I can see Enviro400s doing them in the near future once people know about it and being heavily used. With it being used to connect with the X2 in Liverpool, maybe Preston will advertise it as well.
I think the MANS will be fine on that route, might even suit them better, however weren't some of the mans getting re-engined.
It's doubtful the X8 will be full at any other time other than Christmas sales, double deckers would not be justified at all. People will stay loyal to the 1 with it being a part of the quality bus partnership and more frequent. The X8 doesn't stop at the most useful of stops afterall. I'm pretty sure Birkenhead would have been a better option than Bromborough. Most people I see using the 1 nowheredays tend to use a mix of Stagecoach or Arriva tickets depending where they come from. Liverpool is dominantly an Arriva run city, statistically most people would have arriva tickets travelling to and from the X8 bus stop, and therefore would have to use the 1 if they don't wish to pay a double fare.

It won't connect with the X2 either without the route being split due to driver hours. Barely anyone would do the entire Chester to Preston route, it would be connecting a high end city with a low end city via a seaside town and liverpool, it would be madness.
(14/08/2014 19:38)Shaun821 Wrote:  I really think they wont last long, I can see Enviro400s doing them in the near future once people know about it and being heavily used. With it being used to connect with the X2 in Liverpool, maybe Preston will advertise it as well.

Maybe even extend it to Southport like the X8 used too.
It won't be extended to Southport, not a chance, there is not even a point to doing it as then it affects the X2.
I know it wouldnt be extended to Southport, but even if it did, its a depot thing not a company thing so Chester wouldnt be bothered about affecting the X2 as long as they made money.
If people in Chester want a seaside resort they go to Rhyl.
If people in the Wirral want a seaside resort, they go New Brighton or West Kirkby
If people in Liverpool want a seaside resort, they go the Wirral or the Southport coast

It's not justifiable to bring back a (Rhyl/) Chester - Southport route in the current climate.
(14/08/2014 20:07)Shaun821 Wrote:  I know it wouldnt be extended to Southport, but even if it did, its a depot thing not a company thing so Chester wouldnt be bothered about affecting the X2 as long as they made money.

It`s all the same company run from Gilmoss so it won`t be extended to Southport, it might be lucky to survive anyway,it`s not much of a time improvement over the 1/2

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)