Current time: 19/05/2024, 16:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
See that there is a new X5 service to Widnes expanding footprint in Merseyside. Always surprised that, unlike Manchester, stagecoach didn’t snap up an independent or two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/07/2018 15:58)rod_259 Wrote:  See that there is a new X5 service to Widnes expanding footprint in Merseyside. Always surprised that, unlike Manchester, stagecoach didn’t snap up an independent or two.

doubt that would add much if they did,most just doing merseytravel work,which Stagecoach can pick up on re tender if they want,or step in like they have with the 204
What route is this new X5 taking, and how will it differ from the Halton Transport route 14.
27778 is back here again and out on 204.
(23/07/2018 15:58)rod_259 Wrote:  See that there is a new X5 service to Widnes expanding footprint in Merseyside. Always surprised that, unlike Manchester, stagecoach didn’t snap up an independent or two.
I wonder if it's the beginning of Stagecoach in Halton
(23/07/2018 18:59)darylyates17 Wrote:  I wonder if it's the beginning of Stagecoach in Halton

I wouldn't rule that out. If this new service attracts decent loadings, it could reduce revenues that Halton depend on from their operations into Liverpool.
(23/07/2018 17:42)robertclark125 Wrote:  What route is this new X5 taking, and how will it differ from the Halton Transport route 14.

X5 is limited stop and i dont believe it would run along with Haltons's 14 all the way to Liverpool, I do predict it would go via Hough Green, Halewood then A562, Either that or go along the A561 where Arriva's X1 is running.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the X5 got extended to Warrington or Runcorn if it attracts a lot of passengers.
(25/07/2018 07:42)TheShire Wrote:  X5 is limited stop and i dont believe it would run along with Haltons's 14 all the way to Liverpool, I do predict it would go via Hough Green, Halewood then A562, Either that or go along the A561 where Arriva's X1 is running.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the X5 got extended to Warrington or Runcorn if it attracts a lot of passengers.
Someone who seems to know what he is talking about said on Facebook that the X5 is a copy of the X1 apart from it will then go to Widnes instead of over the Bridge into Runcorn

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
After purchasing the registration, it looks like they have played a blinder on the X5. If the admins say I can share the route, I will but as they posted on another thread about waiting for an official post, I will leave it with them. To say Halton could be in trouble is a MASSIVE understatement. I know Stagecoach wanted to buy them out a few times. Is this just a different way of going about it? Taking the passengers and keep doing so until Halton eventually give up as they can't sustain competition?
(25/07/2018 11:05)iMarkeh Wrote:  After purchasing the registration, it looks like they have played a blinder on the X5. If the admins say I can share the route, I will but as they posted on another thread about waiting for an official post, I will leave it with them. To say Halton could be in trouble is a MASSIVE understatement. I know Stagecoach wanted to buy them out a few times. Is this just a different way of going about it? Taking the passengers and keep doing so until Halton eventually give up as they can't sustain competition?

I fail to see how this will affect Halton when the X5 is going the same way as the X1, If anything its going to affect Arriva as the X5 will offer a quicker end to end Service and The X5 starts at the same time Arriva make their changes to the 79C, 82A and 500 which could benefit Stagecoach.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: MPTE1955, 11 Guest(s)