Current time: 03/05/2024, 11:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Bus Stops and Shelters
Halton Bus Stops and Shelters
Have noticed that bus shelters in the Halton Area are been repainted into Mersey Travel Black & Yellow
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Halton Bus Stops and Shelters
(28/04/2015 19:51)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Have noticed that bus shelters in the Halton Area are been repainted into Mersey Travel Black & Yellow

From 1st April 2014 Halton became part of the enlarged Merseyside ITA which is now generally referred to as the Liverpool City Region. I presume that apart from the colour of the bus stops and shelters, Halton in due course will gain all the benefits of being part of this enlarged area. Already QBP routes have been established. Who knows, Walrus cards and concessionary passes at 60 may soon be available to the residents of Widnes and Runcorn. Then again, maybe not.
(28/04/2015 20:07)Barney Wrote:  From 1st April 2014 Halton became part of the enlarged Merseyside ITA which is now generally referred to as the Liverpool City Region. I presume that apart from the colour of the bus stops and shelters, Halton in due course will gain all the benefits of being part of this enlarged area. Already QBP routes have been established. Who knows, Walrus cards and concessionary passes at 60 may soon be available to the residents of Widnes and Runcorn. Then again, maybe not.

Is Halton Transport still owned by Halton Council or has that been passed to Merseytravel now?
(01/05/2015 17:28)Enviro400 Wrote:  Is Halton Transport still owned by Halton Council or has that been passed to Merseytravel now?

I am fairly sure that Halton Transport is still owned by Halton Council as any sale would have been reported in the media. Having said that, it would not surprise me if it was put up for sale in the near future. If it is, Stagecoach would be in pole position as Arriva already have a presence in the area and would not be allowed to acquire it.
(01/05/2015 18:55)Barney Wrote:  I am fairly sure that Halton Transport is still owned by Halton Council as any sale would have been reported in the media. Having said that, it would not surprise me if it was put up for sale in the near future. If it is, Stagecoach would be in pole position as Arriva already have a presence in the area and would not be allowed to acquire it.

The bus company is an entirely separate entity to the management of bus stops/shelters and tendered services.

Many operators have tried to purchase Halton Transport (including Stagecoach) and have been rejected as the council and local people still want it as a local business.
Stagecoach have tried many times and failed as i believe having the council own it keeps the council tax down from what ive been told but not sure hpw true that is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)