Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Election 2015 - Register To Vote
Election 2015 - Register To Vote
I know that politics is not high on everyone's favourite topics on this forum but the General Election is fast approaching and in some areas there are also Borough and parish elections on the same day.

Anyway, registering to vote changed last year and many people (over 250, 000 in thee north west) at the moment will find out on polling day that as they had failed to register they will not receive a ballot paper(s)

Getting on to the electoral register takes five minutes and can be done electronically. All you need is to make sure you have your National Insurance number to hand and to then click on this LINK

Even if you think all of the candidates standing in your area are useless - you can always simply collect your ballot paper(s) and then place unmarked in the ballot box. Many people already do - believe me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: ELECTION 2015 - REGISTER TO VOTE
I believe that there should be a None Of The Above option/box so that people can officially register dissatisfaction with the choice they have.
(14/04/2015 21:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I believe that there should be a None Of The Above option/box so that people can officially register dissatisfaction with the choice they have.

In Australia where voting is compulsory, there is. Has come close to winning on a few occasions I understand.
This year will be my first Vote, i think everyone should vote but should look into whos standing and who care about their local area the most

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'll be voting for my incumbent MP who has done a lot of sterling work in my community and I would like to see it continue. I do think that more people should be encouraged to vote but I don't think that introducing compulsory voting would be very popular. I'm not sure that a "none of the above" option should be included considering you are entitled to spoil your ballot paper if you don't like any of the candidates or parties standing in your constituency - but it would be very interesting to say the least if "none of the above" received the most votes

It's a good point you make though Terence and hopefully the next government will take steps to try and encourage more voters - especially in the 18-25 age bracket. After all we are the future and I think that more needs to be done to encourage potential 18-25 voters to take an interest in politics or at least use their right to vote
I will be Voting by Post this year due to being in the South of france. Wigan council seemed to make it very hard this time to register for Postal Votes there was no option on the "Voting helpline" for postal vote

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)